News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

In those days Pt. 4

Started by Kai, March 17, 2010, 12:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

We were created in the tropical savanna. Or we created ourselves, some say, we pulled our faces from the mud and looked skyward and suddenly there was a connection of understanding something other than simply eat sleep fuck. We sat among those trees, those large, evenly spaced wide spreading trees in the shade enjoying fruit,

we sat by the waters of the cool pond in the soft grasses near the well spaces bushes with the GOOD grubs on the roots (you know the ones)

we walked in the pastures to a high point and looked down on a valley dappled with trees and waters and grass and animals, the Eden.

Then we left, the first man and woman left and went south and north and west and east out away from the valley and it was different, the trees were different and the grasses different and....time passed.

See them now in that yard, under the wide spreading evenly spaced trees on the cool grass. They sit on a hill overlooking a lake, with bushes evenly spaced, all planted.

We remake the world to match the savanna we lost, a garden substitute for Eden, our home away from Home.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

That was . . . something else! 

The theme is really appealing, but what strikes me is the quietly reverential writing voice.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

This one resonated.  Thanks, Kai.

Jenne

I like how there's very little, if any, quality judgment based on the two scenarios.  It just IS, that we seek to capture that which we think we've lost...lovely imagery, Kai.

Doktor Howl

I've been enjoying the hell out of these.

LMNO and Kai are on a roll, these days.

Dok,
Sitting back and enjoying it.
Molon Lube

Rumckle

This is a great series Kai, I love the mix of science, religion, and magic.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Sepia

Everyone will always be too late