News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Just the Fax Ma'am.

Started by AFK, June 26, 2006, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

This is in response, sort of, to some of the discourse about how best to go about spreading the discordianism message.  

FACT:  Grass will grow faster than Discordianism

We will not change the world overnight.  That's not the point.  The point is to change something.  Give those who will listen a chance to either find themselves or rediscover what they lost when they turned 5.

FACT:  Discordianism WILL spread by word of mouth.  (pamphlets, flyers, book swap, etc.)

How did you end up here?  Probably the same way I did.  A buddy leant you his/her copy of Principia.  A lightbult went off.  You had that moment of realization that you aren't really all that crazy for thinking the way you do.  Of course, you are living in a field of cabbages.  So, you wonder, are there others?  You Google "Principia Discordia" or "Eris" or "Malcalypse" and you end up here.  

You pick up your own copy of Principia or you print it out from this site.  You leand it to a friend from a different circle.  The lightbult may or may not light for them.  Or, they may be one of those who quote lines because they think it's punk or cool to do so.  Or, they may be the silent type who don't say anything to let on whilst inside the gears are a smokin.  You win some you lose some and you drive others batty with your "new weirdness."

So, to summarize:  

Grass grows faster than Discordianism and it WILL spread by word of mouth.  So, in other words, the word IS going to spread buy very slowly.  It may not be as sexy to go about it this was as, say, a Discordian Crusade but it most likely will be more successful.  In fact, we may already be more successful than we realize.  There may be neophytes reading these very words right now.  They are gathering up their courage to participate in the fray.  They may fear the appearance of being green or saying something that will be too dorky or PD-nerdy.  To those I say, please, join us.  The more voices we speak with the better.  The wider we will be able to cast our nets.  And do not worry, most of us can tell the difference between a cabbage and lettuce.  

Now, let us continue....
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Yeah, lettuce tastes nicer in sandwiches. 8)

LMNO

Sauerkraut.

Reuben.

'Nuff said.

AFK

Not a big fan of the saurkraut.

Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce on a sausage sandwhich, however, is absolutely teh win!

LMNO

Um....

What does that have to do with Lettuce or Cabbage?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

its just a metaphor for the empty feeling in his soul

AFK

Quote from: LMNOUm....

What does that have to do with Lettuce or Cabbage?

Nothing.  I was hungry when I wrote that.

LMNO

Quote from: mian tiao noodleits just a metaphor for the empty feeling in his soul