News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Rant/rave #C: Freedom

Started by B23.77, November 27, 2003, 02:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B23.77

What is freedom?  This one word has been so contorted and mutated by the united gullet of humanity that it could make a rabbit scream!  Will you help imprison people so that we all can be "free from" their drugs?  You are free to.  Do you have spare time?  Will you give time freely, along with the rest of your property?  You are free to.  Free possessions!  Dispossessions cost extra!  Are you a freedom fighter?  Would you die for freedom?  Some people have died for freedom, which extremely limited their freedoms.  What is the real original definition of freedom, in its pure form?  It is the ability to choose, I think, a definition which lies somewhere beneath the blurry mess of contorted definitions of freedom.  The ability to throw your arms in the air or stand on your head or stick your tongue out or jump up and down, though you might get incarcerated for choosing those things if you're over the age of 12, just because they are free to throw you in the bin.  What is the reason for all these laws?  The abuse of freedom is the reason for laws, but the laws are abusive.  Selling LSD is a crime equivilant to murder in California.  One person on acid jumps off a five story building and, like in the army, the rest of us have to do push-ups (and that's an order!).  And where is the innocence lost when a man or a woman smokes up a tree of green bud in their own home, but when the cops bust down their door and take their house, for free?  You might dislike some drugs, but then, you are a Discordian.  You have freedom to think and choose for yourselv!  Free at last!  
Free at last!  Thank my Goddess!  I'm free at last!

Cthyga

Freedom:

1. Man has the right to live by his own law--
   to live in the way that he wills to do:
   to work as he will:
   to play as he will:
   to rest as he will:
   to die when and how he will.
2. Man has the right to eat what he will:
   to drink what he will:
   to dwell where he will:
   to move as he will on the face of the earth.
3. Man has the right to think what he will:
   to speak what he will:
   to write what he will:
   to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
   to dress as he will.
4. Man has the right to love as he will:--
   "take your fill and will of love as ye will,
   when, where, and with whom ye will." --AL. I. 51
5. Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.
"the slaves shall serve." --AL. II. 58

P.S.:
Read "Man" as "Every Human" and it all becomes clear...

*kallisti*

Cthyga

Trollax

Free will is a product we are sold
Forget about it...

Freedom doesn't need to be given because it can't be taken away... they can only brainwash you into dividing stuff down into categories.

Anonymous

Freedom CAN'T be taken away.
It can only be SURRENDERED!

If you want freedom for yourself you have to take it, even if that means to die standing.

What did RAW say in Illuminatus about the power of the word "NO"????

*kallisti*

Cthyga

Cthyga

being to stupid to login...

*shrug*

B23.77

Quote from: Joinee St. Trollax, ODDFree will is a product we are sold
Forget about it...

Freedom doesn't need to be given because it can't be taken away... they can only brainwash you into dividing stuff down into categories.

You are most rightly correct there meister Trollax Judas Kinora.  The freedom to do as thou wilt cannot be stolen.  The possibilities can be narrowed but the freedom to do stuff cannot be stopped.  But I can do more than divide stuff down into categories.  I can do multiple somersaults too, liberally!