News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

RWHN: From the Depths vol. 1 9/11 Special Ed.

Started by AFK, September 05, 2006, 02:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Have you looked at your calendar recently?  Do you know what the day is?  Well, you probably can get a good idea just by watching the TV.  That's right, EVERY cable channel is gearing up for their "Retrospective" or "Rememberance" of THAT day.  You know, that day when those folks from Saudia Arabia decided to play chicken with the Trade Towers, the Pentagon, and a corn field.  Okay, put your goddamned pitchforks away and read the rest of this before you start your march!

That's right folks, each news network will have a different chyron or title but it will be the same sappy, country-rock laden, glossed-sob fests.  This will be one of the rare times when the coverage on Fox News isn't all that different than MSNBC's.  Oh, and the other networks will get in on it too.  HGTV will look at the pretty gardens they are planting at Ground Zero, The History channel, Discovery, and PBS will be dissecting and analyzing the event at every conceivable angle, and even the Food Network, I'm sure will have Emeril and Rachel Ray having a big food-fest for some firefighters somewhere.

So, what the fuck is your point Rev?

Well, stop and think about this.  Have you ever heard of the concept of the Smokescreen?  Here's a fun homework assignment for everybody.  Go and find out who is contributing money to these "specials."  I gurantee you somehow, somewhere, a good chunk of this money is originating from Pensylvania Avenue, or somewhere close by.  Why?  Because, they know it will work. 

Everyone wants to be a Good American(tm).  If you don't watch at least 5 9/11 specials you = Bad American(tm)/Terrorist.  That's what the TV will tell you.  "Inside the Trade Towers!  You can't miss this chilling account of what was going on as it was going on....."  Come on people, it's the 5 year anniversary!!  The Law of Fives isn't exclusive to Discordians.  You must celebrate the agony!!!

The Bush Administration knows, all too well, this significance.  They know that the Good Americans(tm) will be distracted for the next two weeks.  Donald Rumsfeld could call John Kerry Bin Laden's Butt Boy and it would be buried to page 6, and that's being annoyingly optimistic.  This is when they can get their poll numbers up while Iraq further sinks into the tarpits of Civil War.  They know how powerful this TeeVee is and how powerful the need is to be a part of something big.  Maybe you weren't there, but God Damnit if you watch Oprah's Hanky-Fest on Monday then you will be a Hero!

So, my fellow Discordians, Subgenii, etc., here's our chance to actually do something.  Here's where we can affect some change.  And what do we do?  Shut the TV off.  Shut your friends' TV off.  If you are visiting your Mom and she is watching Dr. Phil's 9/11 "Special" shut it off for them.  Everyone knows what happened.  Nothing has changed in 5 years.  People are just as dead as they were back then.  BUT, today is today.  Don't let them fall victim to the Smokescreen. 

Tell them to keep their focus on what is NOW so that the PAST isn't used to royally fuck up the FUTURE.  At least, no more than it already is.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

faust

here in ireland people are not very tender twards the issue, most would say that they are fed up of the media stuffing it down their throas and that american media sickens them.
RTE television here is very surprising actually, they have some very anti establishment anti bush articals, they are also one of the few channels that did not change the artical on the day of the attack  regarding the plane that crashed without target, they still maintain it was shot down before it could hit the target.

Thurnez Isa

their already starting
on the american channels last night i most have counted like at least 10 specials on at the same time
mind you i have satalite and some of the channels where like abc central, abc west... ect.
i have feeling its gong to be really bad this year for specials for precisely the reasons you mention
not only iraq but afganistan is also not completely stable, plus the economy isnt doing too well
i send money some times to my gf in the states, and i buy alot online.
I cant remember how long its been since the american dollar has been this weak.
ive also always wonder how somehow questioning authorities or official explainations makes you anit-(what ever country your from)...
but aparently it does
:?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

faust

theres questioning and then theres actively trying to put some stuff in a negative light I guess

the other anonymous

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 05, 2006, 02:04:22 PM
That's right, EVERY cable channel is gearing up for their "Retrospective" or "Rememberance" of THAT day.

WELL ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME SOMEONE REMEMBERED TEH GAWDERN ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Thurnez Isa

oh
now they have a 2 part made for tv movie about the disaster
i guess its been 5 years now - time to cash in

if i ever die from a terrorist attack i wanna be played by david hassalhoff (sp?)
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

the other anonymous

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 11, 2006, 01:19:06 AM
i guess its been 5 years now - time to cash in

Didn't you know? Eris claimed the first five years after a tragedy -- the perfect amount of time to glue the conspiracy theories into the public conscience.

Anything after that is just an Oswald impersonator saying he only saw one gunman. ;)

-toa,
also shot JFK but, frankly, who didn't?