News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Illuminatus! Trilogy

Started by NapaDiscordian, September 21, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read the Illuminatus! Trilogy?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
3 (16.7%)
Currently reading
2 (11.1%)
Fleabag
2 (11.1%)
HaarUUMPH!!
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 14, 2006, 05:03:37 AM

NapaDiscordian

Jasper

Years later, you'll be laughing at the same post by a newer "Discordian", and you will get the acute impression that you are old and bitter.

This concludes your obvious commentary for the thread.

Unless that's all this forum ever does.  :lol:

the other anonymous

Quote from: Felix Mackay on September 21, 2006, 05:40:21 AM
Years later, you'll be laughing at the same post by a newer "Discordian", and you will get the acute impression that you are old and bitter.

QFT

Cain

You mean that piece of crap written by two guys high on acid?  Yeah, unfortunately.

NapaDiscordian

At what point did you decide it was a peice of crap?  Cuz it'd be a really painful thing to read if you weren't into it.

Cain

the other anonymous

Quote from: NapaDiscordian on September 21, 2006, 10:50:27 AM
At what point did you decide it was a peice of crap?  Cuz it'd be a really painful thing to read if you weren't into it.

Shortly after I started posting here.

Cain

Heh, I never even read it until after I got here.

faust

I read it about two months ago, but I registered here some time last year and I cant figure ou why...

East Coast Hustle

RAW is nothing more than another acid-addled shit-brained hippie retread who has managed to eke out a fairly comfortable existence by simultaneously exploiting the need of certain kinds of people to be outsiders while fitting in to their chosen subset of outsiders and the inability of the same kinds of people to have an original thought, ever.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

faust

So basically he was L ron hubbard? He did this in all via the book, or IRL? If someone would be silly enough to pander to someone because they tell you what you want to hear they are somewhat guilty in there own way. elaborate please and I apologise if this gets asked by every new person.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on September 21, 2006, 05:40:21 AM

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

davznothere

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 21, 2006, 10:58:29 PM
RAW is nothing more than another acid-addled shit-brained hippie retread who has managed to eke out a fairly comfortable existence by simultaneously exploiting the need of certain kinds of people to be outsiders while fitting in to their chosen subset of outsiders and the inability of the same kinds of people to have an original thought, ever.

his thoughts on consciousness, time & space, and reality are quite interesting actually and studdied to this day in philosphy class country wide (my brother who is a theology maj. out of fordum U. in NY, and now has his masters in history did a 200 page report on RAW)

as far as his originality ..... comon he was totally original ..... thats why a subculture sprang up around his works and thats why you ended up here ..... get over it and move on ..... and if ya don't like drugs ..... to quote bill hicks ..... i want you to take all your albums and records and all that gerat music that has enhanced yer lives through the years, and burn it ..... cause the folks who made those albums, REAAAAAALLLLLL FUCKING HIGH

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:08:31 AM
thats why a subculture sprang up around his works and thats why you ended up here .....

Okay, you're an idiot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

davznothere

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2006, 06:09:55 AM
Quote from: davznothere on September 22, 2006, 06:08:31 AM
thats why a subculture sprang up around his works and thats why you ended up here .....

Okay, you're an idiot.

ok so now yer going to just ignore the historical truth of the matter ..... Discordinism, (greek left over from 3000 years ago crap which is in no way shape or form relevant to NOW aside) has only been around as a subculture for what 40 years now ..... yer gonna tell me that before PD was printed on a xerox machine ina lawyers office some 40 eyars ago or wtf ever ..... that before that discordianism was prevelent as a religion ..... greek mythos aside