News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Cain contra Robert Anton Wilson

Started by Cain, October 27, 2006, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

by the way, I read Prometheus Rising about a year ago
and last week, for the first time since I've read it - found a quarter on the ground.

BOUT FUCKING TIME, RAW!

Triple Zero

i had to modify it to a 20 eurocent coin, because we dont have quarters anymore.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 11, 2008, 07:02:23 PM
by the way, I read Prometheus Rising about a year ago
and last week, for the first time since I've read it - found a quarter on the ground.

BOUT FUCKING TIME, RAW!

I had a lot of good luck about 5 years ago and less luck the times I've tried it since them.

I wonder if quarters are being used less than before and thus making them less likely to show up on the ground?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

NO ITS BECUZ MADGJEEK IZ LEAVING TEH WORLDZ!

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Ohhhh RHWN coining a new phrase...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: LMNO on April 11, 2008, 08:50:24 PM
NO ITS BECUZ MADGJEEK IZ LEAVING TEH WORLDZ!

that made me spew a gorgeous display of lailaise.  :lulz:

ShoobyDB

How a book affects somebody or something is anybody's fault but the author's. I am entirely capable of reading something and disagreeing with it; even if only part of it. I mostly like Mr. Wilson because he stated many things I already agreed with before I read it. If you read something and its all new, and you believe it, then you're just gullable. Really, peoples reactions to something (whether its genuine or crap) is more or less a schmuck filter. Cause and effect. The cause is never bad, only the effect. Don't shift the blame.
I posted that so hard.

Triple Zero

.. and reading things that merely confirm your beliefs makes you .. a what? :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

The cause is never bad, only the effect?

That sounds eerily close to "the ends justify the means".

Also, what 000 said.  You've got to expose yourself to new ideas, check them against your own, and compensate for any disagreements.  The cool thing about books is that one person's words can influence as many people who read it, and as many people who they talk to, by extension.  There can't be an ideosphere worth noticing without books and the role they play in our thoughts.

My point is that just because you disagree with books, doesn't mean reality does.

Subtract Eight!

everyone is a fanboy, everyone has an ego (bob did)

though if he werent to make the lovecraft , and yog sogoth and such reference then what would he write?

subcultures happen

i've never done the discordian things or w/v except the stuff i did before i knew about this

i think illuminatis! is a great great story, one of the coolest. i dont think it has much to do with discordian other than being an example. i dont even know what discordianism is, i dont give a shit
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Xooxe

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 11, 2008, 08:48:47 PM
I had a lot of good luck about 5 years ago and less luck the times I've tried it since them.

I wonder if quarters are being used less than before and thus making them less likely to show up on the ground?

Maybe more people have read Prometheus Rising and are looking for quarters, making it less likely to find them.  :sad:

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Xooxe on May 06, 2008, 03:26:50 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 11, 2008, 08:48:47 PM

Maybe more people have read Prometheus Rising and are looking for quarters, making it less likely to find them.  :sad:

:lol: