News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

the last yatto

the stand is bigger then the new international version of the bible (on top)

Quote from: Cain on July 03, 2009, 07:49:12 PM
And better written.
:lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

even better apond showing wip the necronomicon
she goes all "THATS DARKSIDED" and rants about it
after about the 3rd your going to hell, i let her know about ZALGO

ps also got a copy of alice's adventures in wonderland (with illustrations by Jason Alexander) :fap:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Messier Undertree

The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clarke.

BigBadCalla

"I Am a Strange Loop" by Douglas Hofstadter
The author of this signature kindly asks that you not reproduce it in any copyrighted printed material.

Eater of Clowns

I just started The Sandman by Neil Gaiman.  I was given the unbelievably gorgeous The Absolute Sandman Volume I for my birthday a few months ago, but I've been avoiding opening it because when I finish it the next three volumes are like $90 each.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I finished Pattern Recognition, and I am nearly finished with The Difference Engine. Both turned out better than expected.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

That One Guy

I'm in the middle of Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. Fascinating book, so many threads, subtexts, paranoias, characters, etc. that it can be ... interesting to keep track of everything on the first read-through. Good stuff, though.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I started that several times. I should consider getting a dead tree copy.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Telarus

Halfway through Colbert's I'm America, and So Can You.

Idea- wire a fairly loud speaker into a copy (I would try to go slim-line or you'll end up cutting out paper) which you could preload some good expressive Colbertisms, set the book out in public in a strange location or situation, say upright in the middle of the sidewalk. Make it loud enough that someone standing next to it would feel self conscious at the attention.

Play loud Colbertisms whenever someone reaches for the book or picks it up until they put it down again.

?????

Profit.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bu🤠ns

:lulz:

The Book of Pleasure - AOS

Let's paraphrase the Tao Te Ching and other eastern texts into the western tradition and the most unintelligible victorian language imaginable and expand 3 or 4 basic ideas into 30 some odd pages.  :argh!:

Scribbly

Science and Sanity by Alfred Korzybski.

It's pretty heavy going. But I think I'm starting to get into it. His writing style really doesn't help his message though.

I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I finished The Difference Engine and now I'm working on The Tao of Physics.

Squid, where did you find Science and Sanity? I really want to read it.

Scribbly

I bought it... cost me an arm and a leg too.  :x

There might be a way to get it, though, but I'm not sure about that so if anyone wants a link I'll PM it to them.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Bu🤠ns

I have it i'll send it ask for it via pm's.....I must warn....it's like 900 some page that could probably be condensed down into like 30.