News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Goodness gracious!  Whatever is that doing there!?

Thanks, man. 

Richter

"Better than Sex" by Hunter S. Thompson, courtesy of Dok.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

rygD

A Void sounds very interesting.  Thank you for mentioning it, el minnow.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

rygD

Also, according to the Wikipedia article on Gadsby, it may have inspired La Disparition.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Iason Ouabache

I'm reading "American Fascists" by Chris Hedges thanks to HoverCat's mind rays. Excellent book so far. I was afraid that he was going to over-generalize everything but he makes a point to say that he's not talking about liberal or moderate Mainline Christians but the hardcore, Rapture Ready, "fuck everyone but God" right wing assholes that use their religion as a club to bash other people over the head.

I actually had to stop reading in the middle of the chapter on conversion because it was giving me weird flashbacks of churches I attended when I was a teenager.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

Reading Anathem.

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGHBRBBRGRBGGRBG AAAAAAAGGH MADE UP WOOORRDDDSSS

LMNO

Jasper

And finished.

Christ, what an asshole.  :lulz:

(No I actually loved it.)

LMNO

You must have been reading it for quite a while before you posted that.

Also, I just finished Common Nonsense, and I wouldn't have belived it possible, but I hate Glen Beck even more now than I did before.  He more or less truly defines what I consider "a waste of carbon".

Jasper

I was mostly finished by the time I mentioned that I was reading it.  I find that whenever I announce that I'm starting something just as I start, I almost always leave it unfinished.  Awful habit.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2010, 08:09:18 PM

Also, I just finished Common Nonsense, and I wouldn't have belived it possible, but I hate Glen Beck even more now than I did before.  He more or less truly defines what I consider "a waste of carbon".

I honestly am unsure of what to think about him. I want to think that he hams it up to boost his ratings and book sales.

Not that that makes it any better.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: LMNO on September 26, 2008, 04:50:17 PM
I unpacked my Transmetropolitans out of storage, so I started that while finishing up Fear & Loathing '72.
RAH! I've read vols 1 and 2. This is a keeper, so I've bought 'em. (yep I quoted from two years ago - get over it.)

Also reading a few other sci-fi books: Can't get enough Dick (Philip K. ;) ) - Man in the High Castle is up next. Dune - YES, FOR THE FIRST TIME! Read the Graphic novel(s) of The Surrogates. Well written except for a few nerve jarring stupid statements and dumb grammatical errors. I'm no grammar Nazi, but fucking hell. Some William Gibson; Just finished Virtual Light.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Cain

Been considering re-reading Dune at some point myself.  Honestly though, of late, the most interesting thing I've read is a French phrase book.

the last yatto

John Hinterberger's 47th snail

its about a snail eating contest... :lulz: well so far
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2010, 08:09:18 PM

I downloaded a sample chapter to my Nook the other day. Just from reading in the introduction I want:

a) to watch his show
b) something really really bad to happen to him.....(more than once)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.