News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Just finished Robert Rankin's 'Necrophenia'. It's ok, but a bit weak compared to some of his other stuff.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Juana

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on June 29, 2010, 06:55:18 AM
I'm reading "American Fascists" by Chris Hedges thanks to HoverCat's mind rays. Excellent book so far. I was afraid that he was going to over-generalize everything but he makes a point to say that he's not talking about liberal or moderate Mainline Christians but the hardcore, Rapture Ready, "fuck everyone but God" right wing assholes that use their religion as a club to bash other people over the head.

I actually had to stop reading in the middle of the chapter on conversion because it was giving me weird flashbacks of churches I attended when I was a teenager.
I developed paranoia after reading it. But it's good, isn't it?

The Sun and the Moon by Matthew Goodman and the Green Fairy Tail Book.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

DiscoUkulele

This weekend, I read Quantum Psychology in about a day, and now I'm tearing through Poker Without Cards. My brain can't handle anymore.

:memnoch2:
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

BadBeast

Started Robert Rankins "Da da de da da Code" Fucking Hilarious.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Apikoros II

I just finished the biography of Larry Flynt, which was quite intriguing... Unrecognized genius in my opinion. I am now reading The man who ate the World by Jay Rayner...
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Jasper

I just checked an old gift card and ordered "I am a strange loop" with the remaining money.

Got if for a fiver, too. :D

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Hover Cat on July 16, 2010, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on June 29, 2010, 06:55:18 AM
I'm reading "American Fascists" by Chris Hedges thanks to HoverCat's mind rays. Excellent book so far. I was afraid that he was going to over-generalize everything but he makes a point to say that he's not talking about liberal or moderate Mainline Christians but the hardcore, Rapture Ready, "fuck everyone but God" right wing assholes that use their religion as a club to bash other people over the head.

I actually had to stop reading in the middle of the chapter on conversion because it was giving me weird flashbacks of churches I attended when I was a teenager.
I developed paranoia after reading it. But it's good, isn't it?
Great read but I'm not sure if paranoia is the exact feeling it gave me. I would be more paranoid if Bush was still in office. I laughed inappropriately way too often.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Political Ponerology by Andrew M Lobaczewski (about the political implications of psychopathy)

Jasper

Telarus

Drop City - T.C. Boyle (2003)

He mentions "the Keristans, or the Keristian" in the first chapter (with their tenants shown darkly through an ego driven character). As discovered by Johnny Brainwash, "Kerista" was brother Judd's sect focused around "Consensual Free Love", and Kerry Thornley hung out with the South Cal Kerista Collective during the beginnings of the Discordian Society. Camden Benares was also a major player in Kerista, and most of the sexual stuff in Zen Without Zen Masters is "pretty much direct Kerista propaganda ".

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Iason Ouabache

"It Can't Happen Here" - Sinclair Lewis

It took me forever to find it.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Faust

Just finished M/F by Anthony Burgess, its bizarre and leaves a load of stuff unanswered, challenging the reader to decipher it.
I've now started The Magus on a recommendation from a friend, the writing style is pretty, haven't gotten far into it yet so I cant really say more.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Freeky

Quote from: Faust on July 29, 2010, 02:03:57 PM
Just finished M/F by Anthony Burgess, its bizarre and leaves a load of stuff unanswered, challenging the reader to decipher it.
I've now started The Magus on a recommendation from a friend, the writing style is pretty, haven't gotten far into it yet so I cant really say more.

YOUR AVATAR IS BLOOOOOO!!!!!  :fap: <---- nearest equivalent to a heart we have.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."