All religious people are dad wankers.
Main Entry:
    sav·age
Pronunciation:
    \ˈsa-vij\
Function:
    adjective
Etymology:
    Middle English, from Anglo-French salvage, savage, from Late Latin salvaticus, alteration of Latin silvaticus of the woods, wild, from silva wood, forest
Date:
    13th century

1 a: not domesticated or under human control : untamed <savage beasts> b: lacking the restraints normal to civilized human beings : fierce, ferocious <a savage criminal>2: wild, uncultivated <seldom have I seen such savage scenery — Douglas Carruthers>3 a: boorish, rude <the savage bad manners of most motorists — M. P. O'Connor> b: malicious4: lacking complex or advanced culture : uncivilized <a savage country>

A most appropriate name for you. :lol:

Indeed.

I think Savage here has a map of the territory. It's a poor map, drawn in charcoal, on the back of a McDonalds napkin, by a mostly blind man... but it does have a vague,  Picassoesque  relation to the territory.

Much of religion seems to be based in basic human drives, one of those drives is indeed the desire to please and be accepted by a Father figure, or to be protected and cared for by a Mother figure... or both.

Christianity, appears to have its roots in a Sky Father sort of deity. Old Jove, YHVH whatever you want to call him was a pretty fine example of a drunk father that loved his kids with a fist. I wonder what it might say about the Fathers in early Middle Eastern culture. At any rate, though, "dad wanker" shows little understanding of the more complex and more interesting psychological aspects of religion, including Christianity. It's not his fault that he's failed to read Jung or Campbell... or at least failed to get the point of anything they wrote. He may perhaps be at a very low reading comprehension level and could only read the first grade primer of the Hero's Journey.

"This is Fool"

"Fool is funny"

"Look, Fool is going on a trip."

"Have fun, Fool!"

"Look, Fool just met Mentor."

"Mentor is smart. He gives Fool a gift."

"Be careful with your gift, Fool, do not drop it."

"This is the King. He is dying."

"Can Fool save the King?"

"Fool will save the King!"

"Run, Fool, Run."

"Look out Fool, it is the Wizard!"

"The Wizard has a magic spear."

"Grab the spear Fool!"

"OH, look! Fool is now Hero!"

"Run home, Hero. Save the Fisher King!"

"The King is saved! Hero is a hero."

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Shit, Rat...

Something really needs to be done with that Dick and Jane hero's jouney.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on September 10, 2008, 03:40:33 PM
Shit, Rat...

Something really needs to be done with that Dick and Jane hero's jouney.

Thanks...

See Savage inspired me... I mean, inspire in the sense that someone inspired the inventor of the short bus, but still... :lulz:

LMNO

Yeah.

It's a tough call... I mean, someone has to be the strop on which you sharpen the razor, but it's not like you actually respect the strop, y'know?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on September 10, 2008, 03:58:15 PM
Yeah.

It's a tough call... I mean, someone has to be the strop on which you sharpen the razor, but it's not like you actually respect the strop, y'know?

Indeed! No respect intended

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Payne

Watch out, you'll get an infraction for FoolHero-ness.

Good stuff actually. Your writing seems to have changed recently Rat, it seems I can dig it more, even though I'm even less inclined to read the kind of stuff you usually (used to?) write.

Maybe I'm just feeling more charitable though...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 11, 2008, 12:52:46 PM
Watch out, you'll get an infraction for FoolHero-ness.

Good stuff actually. Your writing seems to have changed recently Rat, it seems I can dig it more, even though I'm even less inclined to read the kind of stuff you usually (used to?) write.

Maybe I'm just feeling more charitable though...

Well, its the time of year when I consider a new personality... so far, the modifications seem to have gotten good reviews ;-)