News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Metaphor

Started by Alfihar, December 10, 2006, 01:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfihar

Some sillyness.

metaphor
n : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity. From greek metapherein "transfer, carry over,"

meta     phor
prefix meaning 1. "after, behind," 2. "changed, altered," 3. "higher, beyond," from Gk. meta (prep.) "in the midst of, among, with, after,"

meta     four
beyond four

.... five!

HAIL ERIS!

Messier Undertree

Does the 50 post rule still apply?

LMNO

I consider it more of a suggestion, and yes.

And you have to admit, they did preface it with "some sillyness".

AFK

And judging by this persons other 3 posts there seems to be the novel promise of some back and forth discussion. 

You also have to consider that our band of Discordian folks here are probably in the minority when it comes to the whole "23Pineal" sillyness thing. 

noobs probably expect that we await that stuff with open arms.  Especially considering www.principiadiscordia.com would seem like a sort-of "flagship" domain for discordianism. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Hey, at least it took some sort of semantic wrangling.

It's actually pretty close to a bit of SSOOKN work, really.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Not too shabby.  It's unobvious, relevant to me, and it's not being touted as some huge breakthrough in the conspiracy.

5/5

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on December 25, 2006, 02:55:15 AM
Not too shabby.  It's unobvious, relevant to me, and it's not being touted as some huge breakthrough in the conspiracy.

5/5

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper