News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Defensive Personalities

Started by AFK, December 12, 2006, 02:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

And he can apparently read, right?

Jasper

Cain

As Laz so perfectly proves.

Sorry, I'm in no logical mood tonight.  I'm trolling elsewhere and its spilling over.

Jasper

Laz is sort of like Mal-3 but easier to hate. Don't worry about the illogicality thing.

Cain

Well, normally I like to attempt some sort of systemic criticism, but tonight is the Night of the Troll.  My fans/stalkers/obsessive blood enemies need me.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 24, 2007, 10:24:36 PMHe essentially denounces BIP as a place you go to mope and be sad.

HE CALLED US EMO KIDS????
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

I read what he wrote about BIP, and that isn't exactly what he said . . . he stated that the philosophy was "unenlightened" because it admits defeat, so you stop trying. 

I think the BIP concept worked effectively as a Rorschach test in this case, since it gave us such valuable insight into his mind.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

True. I drew the opposite conclusions.  Because Laz is a pussy defeatist.

AFK

I also wonder

a) how many times he actually read the pamphelt

and

b) if he was actually reading it or skimming it. 

Cause I've read it and re-read it as people have commented on it.  I don't see the defeatist aspect in there at all.  Sure, it's not sunshine and lollipops but it's not advocating sticking your head in the oven either. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Laz is suffering from an overly Christian viewpoint of existence, IMO.  Because a clear and definite conclusion cannot be drawn, and there is no clear concept of salvation or punishment (the BIP may seem like punishment, but its just a fact of existence which can be fought against)l, it makes him feel uneasy. 

LMNO

Actually, I had a similar response whey i was posting BIP material at MW.  There was an opinion that it was overly pessimistic because we could never break free, and we called it a "prison".

I eventually won some of them over, though.

Cain

Christian theology is alive and well, even though the faith itself may be suffering.

AFK

It is hard to discuss these thing with folks who have a deathgrip perception of words and their meanings and connotations.  People should read more poetry. 

Cain

People should read more philosophy.  Most useful tool I've found in discovering underlying assumptions about how the world works.

AFK