News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Squash - Crunch - Splat

Started by LHX, December 19, 2006, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

The bigger group tries to get bigger, while the smaller group struggles to survive and not get exterminated.

When the bigger group exterminates the smaller group, it suddenly implodes on itself creating XXXXXXXX smaller groups, most of which quickly learn what it was like to be the smaller group that had just been exterminated.

Everything settles down.

The techniques that had allowed the last of the previous small groups to endure as long as it did will eventually allow the new small groups to thrive in what seem like heavenly circumstances.

There are not many small groups left.

This here is one of them.

It will be exterminated one day, but it wont be all bad.

(Bedtime story)
neat hell

Mangrove

RAH!

you just described pretty much every martial arts club i've ever known.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne

This used to be a bigger group that imploded.

Just saying.

LHX

imploded?

you sure about that?

fitting with the metaphor:

who got crushed?
neat hell

Jenne

Those who are no longer here or who came back only after MGT changed hands.

*reads history well*

LHX

??

so youre saying its better here now than it was before?
neat hell

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

I probably wouldn't be here if it was like it was before.  This place has changed a LOT in the last few months.

And for the better, from what I read.

LHX

maybe it does hold up then

renewal is great

phoenix FTW
neat hell

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Jenne on December 19, 2006, 09:48:55 PM
I probably wouldn't be here if it was like it was before.  This place has changed a LOT in the last few months.

And for the better, from what I read.

What, you don't like COOKIES and PIE!!!?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

:lol:

Naw.  They give me heartburn.

Jenne

Quote from: LHX on December 19, 2006, 09:51:01 PM
maybe it does hold up then

renewal is great

phoenix FTW

Well, if you think about it...it's sort of the slash and burn concept nature imposes to bring about new growth as well.

AFK

It is better than the time of the flame wars and the time during the crashes but there were times before when there was a bit more activity.  But, perhaps the new blood will return us to those times. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

I think it's a cycle.  This is the just-returning-from-down-swing part of the spiral.  So, on the upswing, the n00bs will determine how quickly, how slowly, and in what direction the next spiral will take (or ellipsis, really) as it wields around the center of the motion...the center being what brings all y'all (and me) here.

So, there'll be more squashes, crunches and splats...how, when, by whom...tbd.