News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

So you want to be a biped...(SBOTD project rant #1)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 29, 2006, 07:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Congratulations.  The very fact that you are reading this means you have at least a vague feeling that something isn't quite right with society.  Whether you are rich or poor, a genius or a retard, a saint or a politician, something is missing.

Well, you're absolutely right.  Something is missing...but what?  Many people go through their whole lives without discovering the answer to that question, and die still not knowing...but The Good Reverend is here to hand you the crib sheet to life's great mystery.

What you're missing is self respect.  Not self-esteem, or any of that other Positive Thinking,Ñ¢ bullshit, but plain old self-respect.  Now all you have to do is find a REASON to respect yourself, because respect unearned isn't really respect.  Best part is, it's actually kind of easy to do.

Stand up. 

Yep, that's it.  Get up on your hind legs.  Be a GODDAMN HUMAN, instead of a bleating sheep (And, as Saintess Rubber Ducky once said, even a black sheep is still a sheep)!  Now, to do this, you're going to have to learn a couple of skills. 

The first skill you're going to have to master is to stop believing lies just because they're comfortable...after all, when you stand up from the herd, you aren't going to be surrounded by the fleece of your fellow sheep, and it can get kinda cold, so you'd better get used to being uncomfortable...and it's really EASY to start believing those lies again, and before you know it, you're back munching grass with your fellow "citizens". 

So you're going to have to unlearn certain things...like the "fact" that YOUR political party of "choice" is somehow different than the so-called "other parties".  Face truths like the fact that the republic hasn't existed for decades, and America isn't the land of the free, but the land of the comfortable drones, whose shackles of slavery just happen to be of the finest quality materials. A gem-studded collar is still a collar.

The other thing you're going to have to learn is to think for your fucking self.  The Good Reverend isn't here to tell you what to think or what to do...that's what Scientologists do, and I just can't bring myself to be seen in public with Tom Cruise.

Now, to be able to THINK for yourself, you're going to have to have data to work with, and not the kind that Fox and ABC and CNN are prepared to shove down your throat.  That means you're going to have to READ...and don't start jabbering about Michael Coulter or Ann Moore's latest book, because the kind of reading you're going to have to do is written by people that aren't so telegenic.  I'd suggest Thomas Paine for starters, but that's just a personal preference.

So now you know.  And now you're going to have to choose...

...STAND UP OR SHUT UP, ASSTARD!

Or kill me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

All right, TGRR!

Way to set the tone.

I've got something kicking in the back of my head, I'll see if I can knock it out this weekend.

AFK

:mittens:

I too have a couple of ideas knocking around the ol noggin.  I should be able to have something here by Tuesday. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

SSOOKN award to TGRR for unravelling teh ancient mystery that we like to call:

More of this:

and less of this:

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne

Mourning Star