News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

HIMEOBS ---> Dead.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 07, 2007, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: meatcollector on May 30, 2009, 08:42:10 PM
pay the kids healthcare like burgers with two ones F+1

Hello, Minuspace.  Please die of something unpleasant.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

how can himeobs be dead if it doesn't exist ?? and why would i get a message saying the link is broken if tried to connect to it?

the mystery's that surround nonexistent organizations just baffle the mind

pm
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Shibboleet The Annihilator

To those of you who are disappointed in me and my lack of leadership in HIMEOBS in the past however long it's been: Sorry, I ran out of time for it and had More Important Things To Do. It was fun while it lasted and for a little while there it was actually doing what it was supposed to do. Anyone who wants to try their hand at it is more than welcome. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors, unless I don't like you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on November 25, 2009, 03:26:34 AM
To those of you who are disappointed in me and my lack of leadership in HIMEOBS in the past however long it's been: Sorry, I ran out of time for it and had More Important Things To Do. It was fun while it lasted and for a little while there it was actually doing what it was supposed to do. Anyone who wants to try their hand at it is more than welcome. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors, unless I don't like you.

I think it takes on a life of its own, as required.  I just miss the database of pics.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

The Goth Poetry board raidings were a hoot.  I didn't participate much further than that.  I mean, I don't know what I'm talking about. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 25, 2009, 04:27:23 PM
The Goth Poetry board raidings were a hoot.  I didn't participate much further than that.  I mean, I don't know what I'm talking about. 

That was GENIUS.  How many times did we close them down?

Yeah, HIMEOBS started out with a lot of steam and was pretty focused at first, then it started branching out to other stuff, in part because holy shit, how could we not? The goth poetry forums were a pretty good example of that and the results were pretty funny but after that HIMEOBS started to lose its steam in part because I pretty much abdicated my leadership role in favor of IRL stuff I wanted to get done without immediately getting someone to take up that role and in part because everyone started going in different directions and we lost the cohesion that made us effective.

I know we're all about doing our own things here, but for a group to accomplish anything for any extended amount of time, they need direction and the direction just wasn't there after a while. People just ended up going off and doing their own thing. You never know though, there are a lot of new people around and maybe someone can rally the trol-er... troops again. For a while I thought the whole safari thing was really going to take off in place of HIMEOBS but that seems to have lost its steam too.

We did have a good run though: making goth poets completely lose their shit, shutting down more pedophile forums than I can count, having people seriously think we were really some sort of private military corporation like Blackwater/Xe (we received serious applications and resumes including a SWAT guy with a pretty considerable amount of military and law enforcement experience). For a little while I seriously thought about offering our services to Uncle Sam (or whoever was willing to get HIMEOBS some funding) to go after extremist forums and channels but I wasn't sure how on board everyone would have been and I was becoming busier and busier with work and school.

It was fun while it lasted.

We should all thank Synaptix for helping us with the web space and the forum. He did an amazing job designing it too. Thanks to everyone who contributed propaganda and and everyone who went on missions. You've all made the internet just a little bit funnier and enraged some very shitty people while you were doing it.

P.S. A lot of the HIMEOBS propaganda is still available here and probably on Synaptix's forum. There's no reason we can't keep the HIMEOBS myth going and there's nothing stopping anyone from making more propaganda for fun.

Cain

I have admin access on the H forums, I'd be more than willing to take over and rebuild.  I was there pretty much from the start, plus I have the know-how both on the trolling end and on the HIMEOBS Mythos side of things, so it wouldn't be much of a hastle.

The problem is, IMO, getting people to join who will stick with it and work together on a common goal.  Usually what happens is someone suggests a site, maybe three people turn up at disjointed times, I write a pissy comment which annoys other people and no-one bothers checking in anymore.  In part, that is probably a good sign, insofar as people are busy with other things, those things are likely PD.com (reminder: HIMEOBS formed when PD.com was practically dead, and EB&G was annoying) but even so, it would be nice for some mission discipline to be introduced.

Edit: just to note, the site is only temporarily dead.  I have spoken to Syn about hosting.

Bu🤠ns

From my limited experience it seems to me that having clear cut objectives would be helpful.  Most of the missions centered around PD have that general 'Let's fuck with these people' goal.  And while thats great fun and I'm most certainly not putting that part down, it would be interesting to see if we could have say one or two primary goals and various sub-objectives. 

The discipline would come from that since the group is working toward something rather than losing interest just 'fucking around'.

It would be interesting to see what the degree of cohesiveness could be.  I mean to use subversion to get people banned, alienated, or just pissed the hell off (Cain & C_A for a recent example) cracks me the hell up.

There was a time when we would have certain people or teams assigned certain roles and we would have actual objectives to accomplish. We would do things like make the mods and admins paranoid to the point of crippling the boards, pit the posters against the mods, make everyone paranoid, make one board think it was another board that was responsible thereby starting a troll war, just have people do recon before we'd actually go in, have sleepers who appeared to be normal board members and other assorted dickery. Not everyone had the time or patience for it though and eventually it was just kind of a whatever whenever thing mostly done for entertainment.

Buddha's Ghost Penis

PLEASE TO ACCEPT OUR MYTHY MANLEGEND? OH MY, HOW VERY HELLO.
WHY DID YOU BAN ME!?!?!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Buddha's Ghost Penis on December 01, 2009, 07:01:44 AM
PLEASE TO ACCEPT OUR MYTHY MANLEGEND? OH MY, HOW VERY HELLO.

YOUR PROLONGED ABSENCE IS VERY UNHELLO.

Richter

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on November 25, 2009, 03:26:34 AM

Previous leadership, direction, and adding to the feel and mythos, is appreciated.

Any agent worth having in the squadron would continue operations regardless.   
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on December 01, 2009, 05:25:17 AM
There was a time when we would have certain people or teams assigned certain roles and we would have actual objectives to accomplish. We would do things like make the mods and admins paranoid to the point of crippling the boards, pit the posters against the mods, make everyone paranoid, make one board think it was another board that was responsible thereby starting a troll war, just have people do recon before we'd actually go in, have sleepers who appeared to be normal board members and other assorted dickery. Not everyone had the time or patience for it though and eventually it was just kind of a whatever whenever thing mostly done for entertainment.

This sounds so very pleasing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

I'm retired, sorry to kill any hopes that I might return.