News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Humor for the BIP

Started by Jenne, January 26, 2007, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Gallows or otherwise.

Silly made a point in the n00b/BIP is all about (fill in this blank) that I think is a pretty good one.

The "old" PD had humor, used a lighter touch rather than the constant barstool to the noggin that the BIP does. (I stated that strongly, forgive me the hyperbole)

What, if anything, can be contributed to "lighten the load"?  I like the idea of inserting the absurd.

Any takers?  Discussion?

AFK

I have some stuff I had come up with that got lost when BIP:The Forum crashed.  I think I still have it home on paper though, I'll post it here on Monday. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Jenne

Good on ya.  I'm going to work on some stuff myself.  I think I'll use the BIP to get through some of my own personal shit (catharsis, anyone?), since depressive, angry shit can really only get you so far, yannknow?

AFK

Believe it or not I actually write out my rants on paper before I enter them here.  I don't know why but the physical action of writing with a pen seems to help with the flow of things better than fingers on a keyboard.  The only downfall, I have HORRIBLE penmanship.  

Jenne

After several years of schooling, I have to admit that my hand cramps up after a mere ten minutes of concentrated writing.

:(  Something I discovered while handwriting letters to my dad in prison.

(see my theme building?)  bwahahaha

AFK

Okay, I need to know upfront.  Am I going to be tarred and feathered if I post puns?

LMNO

No, they'd probably be effective for one-liners we can sprinkle throughout.

Jenne

Think of it like the one-sentence meme-bombs.

A bad pun can be twisted and used effectively.  Everything is fodder for the gristmill.

And this isn't new territory...just restatement of the obvious for quick reference.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 26, 2007, 07:00:20 PM
Believe it or not I actually write out my rants on paper before I enter them here.  I don't know why but the physical action of writing with a pen seems to help with the flow of things better than fingers on a keyboard.  The only downfall, I have HORRIBLE penmanship.  

likewise. all my SSOOKN essays were on paper first and not the prettiest to look at.

and i love really desperately crap puns as they're great for tormenting mrs mang' with. so by all means, go for the puns.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

Cool!  I'll test them out on my wife this weekend.  The ones with the loudest groans will end up here.  The puns, you sick freaks!
And no, there will not be any pictures.

LMNO

Then it didn't happen.

QED.

Jenne

I'm going to do a funny parable, I think.

I had something fleshed out, but it fell apart because I couldn't see the point and couldn't get it to work.  I asked for suggestions, but no one had any good ideas.

So I'll rework it.

LMNO

Also, there was an idea for the third, which was Mystical/Religious, where stories/visions/holy texts to Eris would be collected, like my Vision of the Holy Boilermaker, Cain's Vengeful Testament, etc.

Jenne

Daniel did a great one of Moses' Left Nut.  That was pretty brilliant, I thought.