News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain, I think we can erase the word filters.  Not sure how.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I know how on the old SMF, probably isn't that different.  I have to toss a student's room for valuables, but once I'm done, I'll look into it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2012, 05:00:26 PM
I know how on the old SMF, probably isn't that different.  I have to toss a student's room for valuables, but once I'm done, I'll look into it.

I just did it.

Happy plundering.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 25, 2012, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2012, 05:00:26 PM

I just did it.

Happy plundering.

It was very happy plundering.

The latest biography of Mao, a new bed-lamp and all seasons of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister on DVD are now in my possession.  I'm content with that outcome.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Great Scalia quote:

QuoteSeems to me you have to say, as unlikely as that is, it would be absurd to say that you can't stick something under the fingernails, smack them in the face. It would be absurd to say that.

Cain

Corey Robin has an interesting theory that Scalia isn't so much a Movement Conservative as he is a Social Darwinist and admirer of Nietzsche.

The Good Reverend Roger

Eric Holder just got cited for criminal contempt of congress.  First ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Junkenstein

Lance Armstrong charged with drug offences.

Fuck's sake. Can someone make a separate news sticky for "amusing yet go nowhere" shit like this? You know there will be another bath salts related horror by the end of the month. It may also help separate the news news from random drug crap.

This was a total shock
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18677356

Banks colluding together to set the LIBOR rate? Really? That light you see, it's the blindingly obvious. Government promising swift action and change, etc, etc, we all had no idea.

Incidentally, the guy running Barclay's is almost impressive. He's shrugged off a few scandals now that he seems deeply complicit in without any real outcry from the public for his job. The guy who fucked RBS had more heat than this guy.

Will people start asking for total financial transparency? Hopefully. Chance of getting it? About the same as the Pope declaring his love of Odin.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18685040

Satan must be skating to work. It's cold here and Bob Diamond, the barclays CE, has quit.

I assume this kind of thing comes along periodically to make me smile and prove me wrong.

I can live with that in this instance. No apologies, no real remorse. No surprises, it's all about protecting the brand. Cue further outrage and no action when his full severance package is released.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 03, 2012, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: Luna on July 03, 2012, 10:46:04 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/02/bachmann-refuses-to-say-if-she-is-being-vetted/

So help me, if Romney picks Bachmann as his running mate...

That would be SO FUCKING AWESOME.

We'd have to compare her VP debates to Palin's for the Ultimate Dumb-Off...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Luna on July 03, 2012, 10:46:04 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/02/bachmann-refuses-to-say-if-she-is-being-vetted/

So help me, if Romney picks Bachmann as his running mate...

It'll be his death. LET HIM PICK HER.

For the lulz, of course.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."