News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on February 01, 2013, 10:28:38 AM
http://www.dagsavisen.no/samfunn/blir-forbudt/ (Norwegian)

The police in Oslo wants to prohibit all overnight sleeping outdoors without a permit in urban areas. In tents, cars, parks, under bridges and under covers.
What's up with this mentality that banning it is the best way to deal with a problem?
"I saw a homeless junkie lying in a puddle of his own blood last night."
"Horrible. There should be a ban on homeless junkies!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did I or did I not propose solving homelessness by banning tents a week or so ago?
:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 01, 2013, 08:53:34 AM
Today's little bit of hilarious horror:

http://m24digital.com/en/2013/01/29/pastor-claimed-his-penis-had-been-anointed-with-the-holy-spirit-divine-semen-and-raped-his-faithful/

QuoteSobrino Valdeci Picanto, 59, was arrested in Apore, Goiás, Brazil, for raping several women attending his church. He gave as an excuse that his penis had been consecrated with "divine semen of the Holy Spirit."
A 23-year-old young woman, who prefers to remain anonymous said, "He has convinced us that only God could come into our lives through the mouth."
"Often, after worship, Pastor Valdecir take us to some of the funds back to the church and asked us to do oral sex on him until the Holy Spirit comes through ejaculation".

LET ME TAKE OUT MY LONG ROD OF MOSES AND SQUIRT THE SWEET JESUS ALL OVER YOUR SOUL!!!!!
                                                                               /

FTFY
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pergamos

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 01, 2013, 08:53:34 AM
Today's little bit of hilarious horror:

http://m24digital.com/en/2013/01/29/pastor-claimed-his-penis-had-been-anointed-with-the-holy-spirit-divine-semen-and-raped-his-faithful/

QuoteSobrino Valdeci Picanto, 59, was arrested in Apore, Goiás, Brazil, for raping several women attending his church. He gave as an excuse that his penis had been consecrated with "divine semen of the Holy Spirit."
A 23-year-old young woman, who prefers to remain anonymous said, "He has convinced us that only God could come into our lives through the mouth."
"Often, after worship, Pastor Valdecir take us to some of the funds back to the church and asked us to do oral sex on him until the Holy Spirit comes through ejaculation".

Is that rape?  I mean, as far as we can tell he wasn't even lying about his holy penis, since he believed it, and they chose to take communion.

Junkenstein

We need GOP statement on what, if any kind of rape this is.

Best I've got is "Evangelical rape"?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

QuoteThe organizers of American Crossroads hope to bring electoral victory to the Republican Party by defeating unelectable tea party candidates in GOP primary races. The new super PAC, called the Conservative Victory Project, will be run by American Crossroads president Steven Law and is supported by former Bush political adviser Karl Rove.

"There is a broad concern about having blown a significant number of races because the wrong candidates were selected," Law told the New York Times on Saturday. "We don't view ourselves as being in the incumbent protection business, but we want to pick the most conservative candidate who can win.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1zjDQ)

Those "unelectable" candidates were brought to you by..... Karl Rove.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Junkenstein

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/02/iii_arms_atf_approval.php?ref=fpa

QuoteThe people behind The Citadel project, who are hoping to build a walled prepper community in Idaho, touted a milestone last week: the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has given them the green light to start manufacturing firearms.

"In this afternoon's mail, III Arms Company received a little note from the ATF saying: 'Thanks for your interest, please start building firearms,'" Jim Miller, the company's president, wrote on the company's blog last Thursday. "Yup. The III Arms Company now possesses our 'Manufacturer of Firearms Other Than Destructive Devices' License, otherwise known as an 07FFL, and we can legally manufacture and assemble your firearms. Oh yeah, happy days!"

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21297606

QuoteThousands of Indian women are having their wombs removed in operations that campaigners say are unnecessary and only performed to make money for unscrupulous private doctors.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21347510

QuoteA German university has voted to strip Education Minister Annette Schavan of her doctorate after an investigation into plagiarism allegations.

The University of Duesseldorf's philosophy faculty decided on Tuesday that she had carried out "a deliberate deception through plagiarism".

Germans again proving that working smart is not the same as working hard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 06, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21347510

QuoteA German university has voted to strip Education Minister Annette Schavan of her doctorate after an investigation into plagiarism allegations.

The University of Duesseldorf's philosophy faculty decided on Tuesday that she had carried out "a deliberate deception through plagiarism".

Germans again proving that working smart is not the same as working hard.

Wow, holy shit!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Lots of that going on in Germany.  China too.

Doctorates are essentially status symbols, so of course people are going to try and get them, even if that means not earning them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2013, 04:17:24 PM
Lots of that going on in Germany.  China too.

Doctorates are essentially status symbols, so of course people are going to try and get them, even if that means not earning them.

I cannot imagine spending all that extra time studying and researching, only to cap it all off with something stolen. Not to speak of the constant underlying fear of being exposed and losing EVERYTHING.

Junkenstein

Something, something, lance armstrong joke

Junkenstein

http://science.slashdot.org/story/13/02/06/0328238/paper-on-conspiratorial-thinking-invokes-conspiratorial-thinking

Quote"Last summer a paper investigating the link between conspiratorial thinking and the rejection of climate science provoked a response on blogs skeptical of the scientific consensus that appeared to illustrate the very cognitive processes at the center of the research. This generated data for a new paper titled 'Recursive fury: Conspiracist ideation in the blogosphere in response to research on conspiracist ideation (PDF).' The researchers reviewed the reactions for evidence of conspiratorial thinking, including the presumption of nefarious intent, perception of persecution, the tendency to detect meaning in random events, and the ability to interpret contrary evidence as evidence that the conspiracy is even greater in scope that was originally believed. Some of the hypotheses promoted to dismiss the findings of the original paper ultimately grew in scope to include actors beyond the authors, such as university executives, a media organization, and the Australian government. It is not clear whether the response to this paper will itself provide data for further research, or how far down this recursion could progress. I fear the answer may be 'all the way.'"

Perfectly predictable yet still wonderful.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 06, 2013, 06:01:32 PM
Something, something, lance armstrong joke
Something, somthing, 'it takes a lot of balls' joke...