News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Ahhhh hahaha!
:lulz:

Ron Paul Asks UN For Help Getting Control of RonPaul.com Domain From Fans
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/02/ron-paul-feuding-his-fans/61970/

QuoteRon Paul is feuding with his rabid fan base over the ownership of RonPaul.com. Paul wants it, but his fans own it. They're willing to sell it to him... for a price Paul doesn't agree with. So now he's taken the dispute all the way to the United Nations.

Cain

You know what would be even better...if someone else came along and bought it.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2013, 03:26:22 PM

You know what would be even better...if someone else came along and bought it.

:aaa:
Oshit!
that would be amaaaaaazing.
the owners are asking a quarter million for the domain and names list.
but they're pissed, so i wonder if they could be convinced to let it go for less if it's deliciously ironic and could get a guarantee that it wouldn't be used against what they see as their principles.
i wonder how much a group like 4chan or something could muster up for epic lulz such as that?

Cain

If I had the money, I'd buy it and then transfer the domain to Mobotu Sese Soko

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2013, 04:01:12 PM
If I had the money, I'd buy it and then transfer the domain to Mobotu Sese Soko
nannywalled off.  :sad:

Cain

QuoteThis week probably marks the moment that schadenfreude finally left the Ron Paul campaign.

There's always been a kind of awful element of fun to listening to rabid Paul defense, given that much of it was reality-optional. But, hey, at least his fans believed in something. And no true believer deserves this week. In the last seven days, some of Paul's former staffers admitted to deliberately courting racists, with his blessing. Then, adding insult to injury, Paul's current ties to American white supremacist groups surfaced courtesy of Anonymous.

As outlined before, there were only a limited number of explanations for Paul's racist, conspiracy-oriented newsletters, and none of them were good. Either he believed the things he printed, merely capitalized on the things he printed, or was unaware of the things he printed. It was a spectrum ranging from monstrous to cynical to incompetent.

Apparently, it's the second option, at least according to the Washington Post:

"[People] close to Paul's operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the [racist] newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

"It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,'' said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul's company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

"... A person involved in Paul's businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative. They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.

"It was playing on a growing racial tension, economic tension, fear of government,'' said the person, who supports Paul's economic policies but is not backing him for president. "I'm not saying Ron believed this stuff. It was good copy. Ron Paul is a shrewd businessman.''

Elder Iptuous

I, for one, am happy to report that i am completely cured of my previous affliction with Paulism, and it feels really good to be able to laugh and point at this shit with the other sane and cynical good folks in my life.

Cain

I thought so, but I found that particular story quite interesting, as it reported on details that came from the Anonymous hack of the Paul campaign, which had not appeared elsewhere.

Essentially, it seems he was quite involved with the American Third Positionist group, who are, well, pretty racist.  This is in keeping with the global Third Positionist attempts to use populist figures and movements as a thin wedge for pushing their agenda, though since Paul himself won't talk about it, we can only speculate as to whether it was cynical pandering or ideological convergence.

Elder Iptuous

neither of which is palatable, or course.

Cain

Yeah, either way, it doesn't look good at all. 

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21409149

For some reason, Palpatine retiring is huge news.

If the reason is due to Savile investigations I may die laughing.

Also, taking bets on a non-white next Pope.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

According to the Prophecies of Saint Malachy, the next Pope will be:

"Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

So, a really good time to book a holiday in Italy.

LMNO

THE NEXT POPE IS GONNA BE JUDGE DREDD!?

Cain

And the final Pope, by all accounts.

Incidentally, there is an Italian tipped for the top job - Cardinal Angelo Scola.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.