News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 11, 2013, 06:43:00 PM
THE NEXT POPE IS GONNA BE JUDGE DREDD!?

the first gay pope, then...
huh.

end of the world keeps getting more interesting.

Cain

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 11, 2013, 07:02:53 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 11, 2013, 06:43:00 PM
THE NEXT POPE IS GONNA BE JUDGE DREDD!?

the first gay pope, then...

Well, excluding Pope Sixtus IV, Leo X and Julius III.

Elder Iptuous

LMNO

I know who's got my vote for the next pope....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Looks like maybe Hawkwind-era Lemmy.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Junkenstein

When the pope resigns is he no longer infallible?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/world/asia/zen-buddhists-roiled-by-accusations-against-teacher.html?_hp&_r=3&

QuoteSince arriving in Los Angeles from Japan in 1962, the Buddhist teacher Joshu Sasaki, who is 105 years old, has taught thousands of Americans at his two Zen centers in the area and one in New Mexico. He has influenced thousands more enlightenment seekers through a chain of some 30 affiliated Zen centers from the Puget Sound to Princeton to Berlin. And he is known as a Buddhist teacher of Leonard Cohen, the poet and songwriter.

Mr. Sasaki has also, according to an investigation by an independent council of Buddhist leaders, released in January, groped and sexually harassed female students for decades, taking advantage of their loyalty to a famously charismatic roshi, or master.

Yup.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Elder Iptuous

wait.
that picture at the top of that article shows a zen master at 99 years old? (looking pretty good, there buddy!)
and he's still got a roiling libido?
and he can convince women that the answer to a zen koan is 'Tits or GTFO'?!

THIS GUY IS AWESOME!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, 'cause women aren't really people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

yes.
yes. that's exactly what i'm saying.  :roll:

no.
no. he would be no less impressive if he were a woman convincing young men to flash their junk, imo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 12, 2013, 03:33:22 PM
yes.

no.
no. he would be no less impressive if he were a woman convincing young men to flash their junk, imo.

Yeah, because it's totally impressive when an older person in a power position coerces stupid people to perform sex acts.

Sorry dude, you're completely squicking me out right now.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 12, 2013, 03:37:44 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 12, 2013, 03:33:22 PM
yes.

no.

Yeah, because it's totally impressive when an older person in a power position coerces stupid people to perform sex acts.

Sorry dude, you're completely squicking me out right now.

i reserve the right to not be SRS regarding ain't it awful news blurbs that are off the wall.
if i'm squicking you out because i'm being flip about something that personally affected you, i apologize.
if you take it to mean that i am, in actuality, a horrible person that supports the exploitation of anyone, then i've got something to think about, i guess.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe you can go join the Facebook Discordians and LOL at some catholic priests molesting choirboys. It's so edgy.

Fuck off.