News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sita

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 27, 2013, 02:34:52 PM
Idaho...  What the fuck are you doing?

Biology Teacher Faces Investigation for Use Of Word 'Vagina' in Anatomy Lesson

QuoteA Dietrich science teacher is being investigated by the state's professional standards commission after a complaint from parents over his teaching methods.

Parents were offended that he explained the biology of an orgasm and included the word "vagina" during his lesson on the human reproductive system in a tenth-grade biology course...
Sounds about right.
I remember in biology our teacher had to just say Female (or Male, depending) Reproductive Organ. The only time vagina (or penis) could be said was in health class when we had that week separating the boys and the girls. Because it would be so very wrong if the genders learned about each other :roll:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Junkenstein

Well yes. That's how rapists are made you know.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21957686

QuoteA self-styled Italian lawyer has been found guilty of tricking people into thinking he was a bona fide legal professional.

Giovanni di Stefano was convicted on 25 charges including deception, fraud and money laundering between 2001 and 2011.

The 57-year-old is known as the "devil's advocate" for representing high-profile criminals.

The ex-Dundee football director has worked with train robber Ronnie Biggs and Saddam Hussein's legal team.

His clients have also included serial killer Dr Harold Shipman and Serbian leader and war criminal Slobodan Milosevic.

He helped make legal history as part of the team which overturned the manslaughter conviction of tycoon Nicholas van Hoogstraten.

Di Stefano did not react as the 25 guilty verdicts were delivered at London's Southwark Crown Court.

Appears to be mainly guilty of doing an OK job, embarrassing the Italian legal system.

Money Laundering is good to note, given that little client list it's feasible he's got some good dirt on unusual folk. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Junkenstein

Ah shit, more footage escapes from Burma.

This looks pretty routine for the regime though. Seem to recall something about UK ok'ing arms sales there again recently.

Junkenstein

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iMK4G0EEoRtk6NhG_skJrlfUPqTA?docId=CNG.839a63b495e9438c8a1f00676298857c.351

Incidentally related, UK now #6 in worldwide arms sales. China now #5.

Also incidentally related, good background on UK arms trade, Second episode has some stunning moments from the Burmese reps sent to talk to him. Somewhat dated, but within the past decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KNU_Zw_cM

And Mark Thomas always improves the day.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I'm waiting for the UK to get all embarrassed about arms again. It's overdue.

It's Sex Scandal-uturn-economy-Corruption-Bribe-Resignation-Misc Scandal-Arms-housing-Sex Scandal

Not

economy-corruption-corruption-corruption-corruption-corruption

Politicians today can't do a fucking thing.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Junkenstein

More Burma, not that long ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21455087

White phosphorous. Classy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 27, 2013, 10:43:18 PM
More Burma, not that long ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21455087

White phosphorous. Classy.

We use that shit all the time.  For "concealment".  I shit you not, that's the rationalization.

Elder Iptuous

Junkenstein

Oh shit, close the thread now and start a new one.

That is awesome. Florida?

Edit- Michigan. Read the fucking links before posting. Can't grasp that this month.