Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: stelz on April 02, 2013, 01:43:25 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 02, 2013, 01:37:29 AM
Quote from: stelz on April 02, 2013, 01:36:24 AM
Yeah. And if a bunch of them would just HURRY UP AND DIE OFF, maybe we could have more room for GOLF COURSES AND RESORT HOTELS.  :x :x :x

No, no, no.

If a bunch of them have to drop out at age 3, then we have more life-long caddies at said golf courses.

Yeah, and when they start to get old and slow, they can ship them to Texas and deny them medicaid if they make more than $5000 a year.

And of course, children who aren't on welfare can be as dumb as they please.

Cain

You know the very best thing about that legislation?

School performance is directly tied to socio-economic status, way beyond any other single measure of performance.  Rich kids outperform poor kids, statistically speaking, so it is, in essence, just another way to punish people for being poor.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 02, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: V3X on April 02, 2013, 04:27:54 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17567999-georgia-town-passes-law-requiring-citizens-to-own-guns-and-ammo?lite

That, in my opinion, is as bad as gun-grabbing.

Well why think of a nuanced solution when you can just keep pushing "all or nothing"

If you're not picking a side, fuck off outside as it were.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 02, 2013, 06:26:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 02, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: V3X on April 02, 2013, 04:27:54 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17567999-georgia-town-passes-law-requiring-citizens-to-own-guns-and-ammo?lite

That, in my opinion, is as bad as gun-grabbing.

Well why think of a nuanced solution when you can just keep pushing "all or nothing"

If you're not picking a side, fuck off outside as it were.

Precisely.  Neither side, IMO, gives a rat's ass about the actual debate.  It's just a chance to Show Those Bastards A Thing Or Two.

That's how all laws are written in Arizona, for another example.  Nobody wants the laws, they just feel they're obligated to push "the other side" around, never considering the consequences of the fact that the resulting laws are REAL.

That's also how 6 year olds get sent up on felony charges for acting up in class.  Or at least part of it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/04/florida-djs-april-fools-water-joke/63798/

Southwestern Florida's zany radio morning show duo faces indefinite suspension and probable FELONY charges, for scaring the pants off of Floridians by making the terrifying claim, on air, that water taps throughout the area were dispensing dihydrogen monoxide*, using their Serious Voices, on April Fool's Day.

* Yes it's what you think it is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 03, 2013, 04:10:31 AM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/04/florida-djs-april-fools-water-joke/63798/

Southwestern Florida's zany radio morning show duo faces indefinite suspension and probable FELONY charges, for scaring the pants off of Floridians by making the terrifying claim, on air, that water taps throughout the area were dispensing dihydrogen monoxide*, using their Serious Voices, on April Fool's Day.

They are trying to take our title, V3X.

Anna Mae Bollocks

THERE'S NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT DHMO EXPOSURE.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 04:13:21 AM

They are trying to take our title, V3X.

These fuckers can have whatever title they want, as long as it's been approved my two managers, signed, notarized, filed, reviewed, stamped, appealed three times, put up for public inspection in a basement nobody knows about, and finally forwarded to the Office of Menial Bureaucratic Pedantics. That's punishment enough for them. As for me and you, well, we get the only title that matters, and we get it just for showing up: Outsider.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 04:22:15 AM
THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

MY MOTHER DIED FROM INHALING DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 03, 2013, 04:29:56 AM
Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 04:22:15 AM
THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

MY MOTHER DIED FROM INHALING DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Um.

Wait.

UNNG.

:lulz:

MEME DESTROYED UTTERLY.

V3X WINS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I HEARD PEOPLE WERE PLUGGING DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, just exactly how many of Florida's residents got above a C in high school chemistry? How, exactly, ARE they supposed to know that dihydrogen monoxide is the molecular name for water?

Quite honestly, that is a terrible, stupid prank, not far off from calling in a bomb threat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."