News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

However, it's also the reason you're not doing the hiring.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 06:43:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2013, 06:39:28 PM
Well, as dad said, "always hire people smarter than you."

The perfect employee is 20% smarter than yourself, with insanely low self-esteem and/or no leadership ambition.

This is why I never have a problem finding a decent job.

Faking a lack of ambition isn't very hard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2013, 06:44:51 PM
However, it's also the reason you're not doing the hiring.

But I do the hiring.   :?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 06:45:06 PM
Quote from: V3X on April 10, 2013, 06:43:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2013, 06:39:28 PM
Well, as dad said, "always hire people smarter than you."

The perfect employee is 20% smarter than yourself, with insanely low self-esteem and/or no leadership ambition.

This is why I never have a problem finding a decent job.

Faking a lack of ambition isn't very hard.

To be honest, I do have ambition. I seem to get by using the related but different tactic of being "unassuming." In the past 8 years I have quintupled my income without going to college. I'm not without ambition, I just apply it without trying or appearing to be a threat to my boss' job. Also, I'll admit there's a fair amount of luck that has gone into it.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2013, 11:30:28 PM
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17691775-social-conservatives-warn-priebus-they-could-abandon-gop?lite

MELTDOWN.   :lulz:

Indeed!

Including such timeless classics as,
Quote from: the article"The fact that the party is strongly committed to traditional marriage has not prevented their involvement through GOProud or Log Cabin Republicans," they wrote. "We deeply resent the insinuation that we have treated homosexuals unkindly personally."

I mean, for fuck's sake, talk about privilege. The fact that this statement can even be written without the author dying of internal hemorrhaging brought on by its gut-wrenching self-inflicted irony is a deeply satisfying testament to the GOP's continued dominance of the "Somebody chop down all these trees, they're blocking my view of the forest!" market.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/10/17691775-social-conservatives-warn-priebus-they-could-abandon-gop?lite

CUT 'EM LOOSE.

PREDICTION: The GOP cuts their most radical social conservatives loose, and begins making a slow arc towards social progressiveness. Meanwhile, the Democrats will continue their slide into conservatism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 11, 2013, 02:57:23 AM

CUT 'EM LOOSE.

PREDICTION: The GOP cuts their most radical social conservatives loose, and begins making a slow arc towards social progressiveness. Meanwhile, the Democrats will continue their slide into conservatism.

You're probably right about this... the Blue Dog Democrats are holding the door open for these people, and once the GOP finds its footing with a coalition between social progressives and fiscal conservatives, the parties will probably return to their original configurations -- Republicans for banksters, and Democrats for .. uhh.. well, also banksters. But their sales pitches, at least, will swap places, as you predict.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: V3X on April 11, 2013, 03:06:20 AM

CUT 'EM LOOSE.

You're probably right about this... the Blue Dog Democrats are holding the door open for these people, and once the GOP finds its footing with a coalition between social progressives and fiscal conservatives, the parties will probably return to their original configurations -- Republicans for banksters, and Democrats for .. uhh.. well, also banksters. But their sales pitches, at least, will swap places, as you predict.

Uhhh...weren't the repubs originally a coalition of antislavery forces?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: stelz on April 11, 2013, 04:45:29 AM
Quote from: V3X on April 11, 2013, 03:06:20 AM

CUT 'EM LOOSE.

Uhhh...weren't the repubs originally a coalition of antislavery forces?

They were opposed to [expanding] slavery, sure. But it wasn't all moral high-horse. It was also "let's take what we perceive as an unfair economic advantage of the South away from them." The moral argument was convenient, not necessarily primary.