News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on June 21, 2013, 08:44:22 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 21, 2013, 08:41:04 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 21, 2013, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 21, 2013, 05:26:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 21, 2013, 05:24:33 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/21/19063292-mixed-reactions-to-exodus-group-leaving-gay-therapy?lite

Those Exodus guys deserve to burn in their own Hell.

Well, this Chambers guy seems to have had a change of heart.  Pissed off all the other "straight therapy" assholes in the process.

Yeah. That's a good thing. He's got a long way to go, though, if he's going to try and undo the damage he did.

I don't think he can undo the damage.  That he has made it harder for others to do damage is good though, and he himself is actually one of the damaged, he tried to pray the gay away and failed, there is undoubtedly someone else who convinced him that would work.

Right, then.  Any volunteers to haul him behind the chemical sheds and put a bullet in his neck?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/21/19063292-mixed-reactions-to-exodus-group-leaving-gay-therapy?lite

Well, this Chambers guy seems to have had a change of heart.  Pissed off all the other "straight therapy" assholes in the process.

What they're doing is potentially game-changing, because it means that a lot of people who have been anti-gay may reconsider. When they see their leaders change their values, people often follow suit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 21, 2013, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: Alty on June 21, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

I guess it goes back to that redemption thing.

Personally, I don't care how sorry they are, he is. They can rot.

Well, if there's no redemption, then there's that much less incentive for your opponents to change sides or just leave the field.

Meh, there will always be people who will hate someone and all their descendants forever because of things their predecessors did. Fortunately, I don't think change is motivated as much by external forgiveness... although Chambers issued an apology, I don't think the apology was motivated by an expectation of forgiveness... as by an internal desire to right wrongs.

Junkenstein

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 03:12:12 AM

What they're doing is potentially game-changing, because it means that a lot of people who have been anti-gay may reconsider. When they see their leaders change their values, people often follow suit.
Don't forget the first follower aspect too. Movement with a leader increases massively as soon as you add even a single follower to the platform, no matter how secondary.

Every fucking bandwagon started not because of crazy guy shouting about something, it was the fuckwit who shouted "He's Right!" who needs a kicking just as much.

Somewhat unrelated, I have no idea why I'm awake at this hour.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 21, 2013, 05:34:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 21, 2013, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: Alty on June 21, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

I guess it goes back to that redemption thing.

Personally, I don't care how sorry they are, he is. They can rot.

Well, if there's no redemption, then there's that much less incentive for your opponents to change sides or just leave the field.

After that thread I have thought about this topic a lot.
But it is incredibly hard for me to have anything but malice toward organizations that have contributed to brainwashing queer kids. And their suicides.

I see what you mean, but it's difficult for me to put into practice.

So do you think that rather than changing his organization's policy and issuing a public apology, it would have made no difference had he left the policy intact and not apologized?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually kinda wondering if the "he should rot in hell" contingent even actually read the article...

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 03:21:16 AM
Actually kinda wondering if the "he should rot in hell" contingent even actually read the article...

Yeah. I did. It was a moment of bitter, salty angst on my part. I'm okay with having that moment. Do I think he did a good thing? Yeah. Do I hope he keeps on in this direction for making good things? Yeah? Does it make things all better now? No and it doesn't have to. But I'm allowed to be affected by all the harm he did.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: stelz on June 22, 2013, 04:44:57 AM
FIRED. HAR HAR
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/paula-deen-racist-comments-n-word-caught-on-video_n_3467287.html

Paula Deen is blowin' it up, controversy wise. Someone sent me a link to her apology earlier and I was like "Yeeeeeah, having black waiters dress up like slaves at a wedding on a plantation was one of those thoughts you probably shouldn't have shared."
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 22, 2013, 04:12:15 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 22, 2013, 03:21:16 AM

Yeah. I did. It was a moment of bitter, salty angst on my part. I'm okay with having that moment. Do I think he did a good thing? Yeah. Do I hope he keeps on in this direction for making good things? Yeah? Does it make things all better now? No and it doesn't have to. But I'm allowed to be affected by all the harm he did.

So that means that you read that the organization was founded in 1976, which means that he couldn't have founded it, and that the article stated that over the last year he's caused a lot of controversy for challenging their policies? And you just keep referring to the organization as "him" because, as the most recent president of the board of directors, he is symbolically responsible for all the organization's past sins and should rot in hell on behalf of all his predecessors?

Or...?

I'm just confused by why several people seem to be holding the guy responsible for the positive change personally morally responsible for all the things the organization did before he assumed control of it. Makes me kind of think you might be accidentally falling into scapegoating mode.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm really just asking for a little fucking critical thinking here. Based solely on the information in that very brief article, what I deduced is that Chambers assumed control of a profoundly destructive organization and ultimately not only issued an official apology to the community it's been hurting for decades, but also actually SHUT IT DOWN COMPLETELY.

So, yeah, he is clearly an asshole who should rot in hell.

FFS.

Salty

Yeah, I got carried away when I read Exodus.

Sorry about that, folks.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 22, 2013, 06:13:30 PM
Yeah, I got carried away when I read Exodus.

Sorry about that, folks.

No worries

thanks for being a biped about it! :flowers:

Salty

No where to, baby, nowhere to hide:

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Why-NASA-s-latest-photo-of-Alaska-is-freaking-4612565.php

This is actually sort of an important thing for these asshole humans to understand. There is no escape. Sell all your shit, live by the speed of your feet, arms, and heart, eschew all of the worlds sins. Eat nothing but what you can catch or grow. Live 100's of miles from another filthy human being.

You're still gonna fry.

THEY are still gonna get ya.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.