News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on July 05, 2013, 07:19:07 PM
I think now state authorities tend to be (rightly) suspicious of religious organizations and individuals who prevent their children and dependents getting medical treatment.  At the most benign, you have the classic JW-style argument, which should be dismissed for reasons given above.

But when a religious group or individual tries to prevent medical access to their children at all...well, it's sometimes because abuse worse than neglect is going on, and they don't want a medical practitioner to document it.

I think this is one reason the JW's have modified their stance to accept blood platelets, white blood cells, etc. they're going for the "Please do everything you can to save my kid, except for the whole blood transfusion" argument, to seem reasonable.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 05, 2013, 02:26:49 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 05, 2013, 04:51:04 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 05, 2013, 04:46:58 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 05, 2013, 01:38:23 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 04, 2013, 03:27:11 AM
http://www.mycenturylink.com/news/read/category/Top%20News/article/ap-court_upholds_parents_convictions_in_pra-ap

QuoteKara, who had been growing weak for several weeks leading up to her death, eventually became too sick to speak, eat, drink or walk. Her parents, Dale and Leilani Neumann, don't belong to any organized religion or church but identify themselves as Pentecostal Christians and believe visiting a doctor is akin to worshipping an idol, the Supreme Court opinion said.

QuoteAfter the girl died, Leilani Neumann told police God would raise Kara from the dead.

Oregon has a big problem with a sect that won't take kids to the doctor; it's led to a revision of the law here. http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-city/index.ssf/2011/10/dale_and_shannon_hickman_of_fo.html

I'm glad that this kind of thing is changing.  I'm conflicted on the right to freedom of religion but punishing them when they do what they believe vs. children getting hurt and dying for their stupid religious beliefs, though.

It doesn't infringe on their right to their religion, so I have no problem with it. It infringes on their right to impose certain aspects of their religion on people who are not capable of making that choice.

Which is a distinction that passes the 1st amendment sniff test.

They'll scream about it anyway. "MY RELIGION TELLS ME TO PUSH MY CRAP ON EVERYBODY!!!!! WAH WAH YOU'RE PERSECUTING MEEEEE!"
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

http://gawker.com/shit-covered-man-caught-peeping-on-women-from-inside-re-710632810?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Quote52-year-old Kenneth Webster Enlow of Tulsa was reportedly caught after a woman and her 7-year-old daughter spotted him peering up at them from inside the toilet.

"He went in there, climbed down in the septic and was looking up at the people utilizing that facility," Tulsa County Sheriff's Maj. Shannon Clark said in a statement.

Firefighters had to hose down Enlow, who was "covered in human waste," before transporting him to a local hospital for evaluation.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 09, 2013, 02:30:20 AM
http://gawker.com/shit-covered-man-caught-peeping-on-women-from-inside-re-710632810?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Quote52-year-old Kenneth Webster Enlow of Tulsa was reportedly caught after a woman and her 7-year-old daughter spotted him peering up at them from inside the toilet.

"He went in there, climbed down in the septic and was looking up at the people utilizing that facility," Tulsa County Sheriff's Maj. Shannon Clark said in a statement.

Firefighters had to hose down Enlow, who was "covered in human waste," before transporting him to a local hospital for evaluation.

Best comment:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Not a news story so much as an essay. But I thought it fit. :D

http://online.sfsu.edu/rone/GEessays/Ingham.htm
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Horrible, horrible.  Half the population is Lucille Ball.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, I could understand the anti-abortion position a lot more if they also supported free reproductive health care including contraception and prenatal care. But almost universally, they don't, which tells me that it isn't about the well-being of babies, it's about controlling women. Otherwise, they would be picketing for free prenatal care for poor women.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 09, 2013, 06:50:53 PM
You know, I could understand the anti-abortion position a lot more if they also supported free reproductive health care including contraception and prenatal care. But almost universally, they don't, which tells me that it isn't about the well-being of babies, it's about controlling women. Otherwise, they would be picketing for free prenatal care for poor women.

Thing is, the inspiration for my new story is basically just taken from the news.   :horrormirth:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 09, 2013, 07:06:04 PM

Thing is, the inspiration for my new story is basically just taken from the news.   :horrormirth:

No response other than  :horrormirth:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 09, 2013, 07:09:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 09, 2013, 07:06:04 PM

No response other than  :horrormirth:

I put more up.  I'm in a mood.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube