News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Cramulus on July 17, 2013, 06:53:06 PM
The Satanic Temple Performs Same-Sex Ceremony At Westboro Baptist Church Leaders Family Gravesite

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/28311/The-Satanic-Temple-Performs-Same-Sex-Ceremony-At-Westboro-Baptist-Church-Leaders-Family-Gravesite?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Thegauntletcom+%28thegauntlet.com%29

"The Satanic Temple now believes that Fred Phelps must believe that his mother is now gay, in the afterlife, due to our Pink Mass... And nobody can challenge our right to our beliefs."

edit: http://www.westboro-baptist.com/  :lulz:

"After a Pink Mass, every time a same-sex couple kiss over the grave, the deceased is pleasured in the afterlife."

. . .

. . .

. . .

:lulz: :horrormirth: :lulz:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

Vice today:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/is-the-los-zetas-leaders-capture-really-such-a-good-thing

QuoteOn Monday, the leader of the most brutal crime syndicate in Mexico was captured alive. Miguel Angel Treviño Morales, the boss of the notoriously violent Los Zetas drug cartel, was tracked down driving a pick-up truck in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. When Mexican marines apprehended him, reportedly without a shot being fired, he was found to be carrying an array of assault rifles and two million dollars (£1.3 million) in cash.

Miguel – or "Z-40", as he's commonly known – and his organisaton made a name for themselves by ordering the beheading of journalists who spoke out against them, orchestrating prison riots and Miguel personally overseeing the massacre of hundreds of innocent migrants trying to make their way into the US over the Mexican border. The guy is like a highly vicious, Central American George Jung, only with a personal army that would rival that of a small country rather than a Hollywood biopic and an impressive collection of bad turtlenecks.   

So you'd be forgiven for describing the kingpin's arrest as "a major victory in [the] battle against murderous drug cartels". But is his capture really the gargantuan victory that many are claiming it to be? With Z-40 now off the streets, it's the perfect opportunity for the already fragmented divisions within Los Zetas – as well as all of Mexico's other cartels – to take advantage of the break in leadership and forge their own way to the top of the pile.

Cain? Johnny? Seems like a big development. Not in actually reducing crime or anything, just that there's a power gap and these things are rarely bloodless.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Historically, Los Zetas have been able to manage their affairs after a leader has been captured quite well.  It's one thing that differentiates them from other organized crime gangs - the hierarchy is such that transitions in power seem to occur with minimal internal strife.

That does, of course, rely on having a sizeable pool of talent to work with, and it's not entirely clear that this is currently the case, though the reverse is also true.  We do know that Morales' brother - "Z-42" - has a senior position in the leadership, and it's quite possible that alleigance will be transferred to him on the basis of familial similarity, continuity of policy etc

Junkenstein

AHAHAHAHAHA:
http://norml-uk.org/2013/07/cannabis-is-stronger-than-heroin-really/

QuoteHave you heard?  The crack team of scientists employed by Warrington Council has now declared that modern cannabis is stronger than heroin!  You can throw out your pipes and vaporisers and go find yourself a nice dirty, used needle to start shooting your cannabis with.  No sense wasting high-quality dope like that in a bong.  You want this kind of high-potency shit to go right in the mainline!  Tool me up, baby! - See more at: http://norml-uk.org/2013/07/cannabis-is-stronger-than-heroin-really/#sthash.sgw5nDPP.dpuf

Surely not legit?
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/10553268.Council_Facebook_page_shut_down_after_cannabis_claims/

Oh my.

Did RWHN Emigrate?

Requesting now that if this gets more than 5 replies a mod either splits it out or nukes it. Please.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Salty

Jesus.

Do yout suppose that 29% drop in murder is an accurate number?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 07:34:51 PM
Doo bee doo bee dooooooooooo

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/CPD-Starts-Door-to-Door-Visits-To-Fight-Violence-216148791.html

Link looks fairly bland.

Then you click it.

I...

QuoteA new pilot program in Chicago has police knocking on the doors of would-be criminals, hoping to alert them of stiff penalties for gun crimes and warn them they are being watched.

The "custom notifications" are part of a comprehensive policing strategy aimed at reducing violence and crime by targeting specific groups of individuals allegedly committing a majority of an area's criminal activity.

"Much of the city's violence is perpetrated by a small group of individuals, and we're putting these individuals on notice," Director of Chicago Police News Affairs Adam Collins said in a statement.

Chicago Police began hand-delivering letters from the district commander on Friday to targeted individuals with the "highest propensity for violence."

The letter reminds them of the consequences of crime and "puts them on notice."

"If they commit a crime we will seek the strongest penalties available," Collins said in a statement.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/CPD-Starts-Door-to-Door-Visits-To-Fight-Violence-216148791.html#ixzz2ZWJGsWU7

...how do they determine who is "most likely to commit a crime", I wonder?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 19, 2013, 08:09:57 PM

They check to see if the subject is a "volitional human being".
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Bear in mind that the Austin district of Chicago has long been notorious for corruption and racism in the police force.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 08:13:00 PM

They check to see if the subject is a "volitional human being".

That's what I thought.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Precogs.

McGrupp

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 07:34:51 PM
Doo bee doo bee dooooooooooo

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/CPD-Starts-Door-to-Door-Visits-To-Fight-Violence-216148791.html

Link looks fairly bland.

Then you click it.

A link from other Chicago stories:
More than 2,100 Chicago Public Schools employees could be laid off Friday morning, bringing the total number of pink slips to 3,000 in two months.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/CTU-Nearly-2100-CPS-Teachers-Staff-to-Be-Cut-216088831.html#ixzz2ZWf7TM9h

Maybe they can get jobs knocking on doors of would-be criminals.

Cain

Russell Brand continues to show he's not just an egomaniacal comedian with an overactive sex drive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23383451

QuoteThe Sachsgate affair resulted in Brand and the controller of Radio 2 resigning, Ross being suspended from broadcasting for three months and a review being held into the way BBC output was vetted.

Brand told Desert Island Discs presenter Kirsty Young: "Anything that damages something I love, I'm going to feel sorry for.

"And I'm sorry also because the story I tell myself, of myself, is not that I am a man who is rude to people who are in a position of vulnerability - but what's difficult, Kirsty, is there was obviously a pre-existing agenda in privately-owned media to destabilise, attack and diminish the BBC."

He claimed the thousands of people who complained were motivated by an agenda against publicly-funded media.

He said: "Listen, Kirsty, after the show there were two complaints. After it was in the Daily Mail there were subsequently 42,000 complaints."

Brand added: "I'm sure their offence was genuine - it was wrong, and I apologise for that - but how the information is presented is important."

He continued: "The thing I want to address here, the thing that 42,000 people were offended by is offensive. It is offensive if someone calls up an answerphone, does some swearing, hangs up.

"But if, incrementally, that act is led to by a series of innuendos and in-jokes, then it is a different thing. It is still a thing that is wrong, but it's not the thing that they are offended by."

I don't know if they're still doing it, but he and Matt Stoller, the former political advisor to ALAN GRAYSON, had a sort of stand-up comedy/current events TV show that was pretty good. 

Speaking of comedians and awareness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23389757

QuoteFrankie Boyle says he has not eaten for four days in a bid to highlight the case of Shaker Aamer - the last UK resident being held at Guantanamo Bay.

The Scottish comedian has joined campaigners who are attempting to fast for a combined total of 1,000 hours.

Mr Aamer, from London, has been detained in the military prison for 11 years without being charged or tried.

Since February, 100 of the 166 prisoners still held have been refusing food in protest at their detention.

QuoteThe 47-year-old, whose wife and children still live in south-west London, has been cleared for release.

He told the BBC in May he was losing his mind, health and life in Guantanamo - the military prison used by the United States to detain al-Qaeda and Taliban prisoners since 2002.

US authorities said he led a unit of Taliban fighters against Nato troops and had met Osama Bin Laden. But Mr Aamer has always said he was in Afghanistan with his family doing charity work.

Junkenstein

The Johnny

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 18, 2013, 12:18:54 PM
Vice today:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/is-the-los-zetas-leaders-capture-really-such-a-good-thing

QuoteOn Monday, the leader of the most brutal crime syndicate in Mexico was captured alive. Miguel Angel Treviño Morales, the boss of the notoriously violent Los Zetas drug cartel, was tracked down driving a pick-up truck in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. When Mexican marines apprehended him, reportedly without a shot being fired, he was found to be carrying an array of assault rifles and two million dollars (£1.3 million) in cash.

Miguel – or "Z-40", as he's commonly known – and his organisaton made a name for themselves by ordering the beheading of journalists who spoke out against them, orchestrating prison riots and Miguel personally overseeing the massacre of hundreds of innocent migrants trying to make their way into the US over the Mexican border. The guy is like a highly vicious, Central American George Jung, only with a personal army that would rival that of a small country rather than a Hollywood biopic and an impressive collection of bad turtlenecks.   

So you'd be forgiven for describing the kingpin's arrest as "a major victory in [the] battle against murderous drug cartels". But is his capture really the gargantuan victory that many are claiming it to be? With Z-40 now off the streets, it's the perfect opportunity for the already fragmented divisions within Los Zetas – as well as all of Mexico's other cartels – to take advantage of the break in leadership and forge their own way to the top of the pile.

Cain? Johnny? Seems like a big development. Not in actually reducing crime or anything, just that there's a power gap and these things are rarely bloodless.

A lot of fanfare, but yeah, some are speculating that this might mean a re-merging of Zetas with Gulf or a partnership with Sinaloa, due to the succesor not having that much of a personality clash with the other leaders, but who knows?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner