News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The bastards want my house. They keep threatening to foreclose on me. I owe $209, it's worth $450. Every term, I get a little bit behind, and then catch up with the following term's financial aid. :lol: I have no idea how I'm pulling it off, but we've been playing this game for two years now and I can play it for two more, easy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

They don't want your house.  They want your mortgage to fail.

Because they have an insurance policy against that happening.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 04:10:08 AM

That's true when the mortgage is upside-down. They use different tactics when the house is worth MORE than the borrower owes. In places where the market is good one racket is foreclosing on homes and then sitting on them as assets for a few years, and then selling them at a profit. It's totally illegal, but who's going to stop them?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't have mortgage insurance, because I own more than 20% equity.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 04:16:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 04:10:08 AM

That's true when the mortgage is upside-down. They use different tactics when the house is worth MORE than the borrower owes. In places where the market is good one racket is foreclosing on homes and then sitting on them as assets for a few years, and then selling them at a profit. It's totally illegal, but who's going to stop them?

In general, though, the aim is to get mortgages to fail.  They only need 7% of the mortgages in a bundle to fail, to collect a nice fat stack of cash.

And in that case?  Nothing will stop them.

IN OTHER NEWS:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/dhs-employee-behind-racist-website-paid-leave

Proof that people of all races can be just as stupid as each other.

And that you get paid leave when you do that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

By the way...

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/banking-financial-institutions/317965-holder-more-wall-street-prosecutions-on-the-way

The CEO of Sunrise is probably fucked.  The board (proxies for Fidelity, most likely) will walk away whistling.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NUTJOBBERY KNOWS NO COLOR.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In my particular case, they do want my house. But they aren't going to get it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 04:46:12 AM
Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 04:45:35 AM

PAID LEAVE.

DHS.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

What's going to be super-awesome is  the field day the racist wingnuts are going to have with this.  :horrormirth:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 04:50:55 AM
Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 04:45:35 AM

PAID LEAVE.

DHS.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

What's going to be super-awesome is  the field day the racist wingnuts are going to have with this.  :horrormirth:

They already are, but nobody's listening.

The Zimmerman Train has left the station.  CHOO CHOO!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 05:08:04 AM
Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 04:50:55 AM

PAID LEAVE.

DHS.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

:lulz: I love that they DID IT HARDER so much that they've driven off everyone they were trying to impress. And they probably STILL don't get it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 05:11:31 AM

PAID LEAVE.

DHS.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

:lulz: I love that they DID IT HARDER so much that they've driven off everyone they were trying to impress. And they probably STILL don't get it.

Well, I know a guy who believes the Tea Party is still up and coming.

So it's not hard to see how these cavemen think their racism is finally vindicated, and that the nation is swinging their way.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 05:37:26 AM
Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 05:11:31 AM

PAID LEAVE.

DHS.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

Well, I know a guy who believes the Tea Party is still up and coming.

So it's not hard to see how these cavemen think their racism is finally vindicated, and that the nation is swinging their way.

It's like they  have a cognitive processing disorder that causes them to misread the looks of disgust and the slowly backing away as something else entirely.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 05:39:25 AM
It's like they  have a cognitive processing disorder that causes them to misread the looks of disgust and the slowly backing away as something else entirely.

Oh, that's just a few isolated libtards.  Everyone else will be congratulating them on their bravery shortly.

Sooner or later.

Where is everyone?