News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 24, 2013, 05:44:13 AM
Quote from: FOCUS GROUP RAGEMONKEY OF HATE HATE HATE on August 24, 2013, 05:39:25 AM
It's like they  have a cognitive processing disorder that causes them to misread the looks of disgust and the slowly backing away as something else entirely.

Oh, that's just a few isolated libtards.  Everyone else will be congratulating them on their bravery shortly.

Sooner or later.

Where is everyone?

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

http://truth-out.org/video/item/18345-fbi-partners-with-banks-and-blames-mortgage-fraud-on-poor-borrowers

QuoteIndeed, if you think about it, mortgage fraud, of course, was always a potential risk, but we've had underwriting standards at banks for 100 years which have kept mortgage fraud to a trivial level, where losses are far less than one half of 1 percent and fraud is rare.

But in the crisis, liars' loans, we know from the Mortgage Bankers Association themselves, their anti-fraud experts and their report in 2006, that the incidence of fraud in liars' loans was 90 percent, and we know that by 2006 roughly 40 percent of all the loans made that year were liars' loans, and we know that it was overwhelmingly lenders who put the lies in liars' loans, and we know that it was almost exclusively lenders who put the lies in appraisals. So these frauds are overwhelmingly coming from the banks, but are being completely ignored, because the FBI is operating in this bizarre Tea Party world in which the banks are wonderful and honest and it's the small people who are the nasty, terrible folks. And as I said, you'd believe it was an April fools story, especially under a president who is African-American and an attorney general who is African-American buying into the Tea Party story that it's largely minorities who caused this entire crisis. It's the bizarrest thing I've found in 35 years of research.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on August 24, 2013, 06:54:50 AM
http://truth-out.org/video/item/18345-fbi-partners-with-banks-and-blames-mortgage-fraud-on-poor-borrowers

QuoteIndeed, if you think about it, mortgage fraud, of course, was always a potential risk, but we've had underwriting standards at banks for 100 years which have kept mortgage fraud to a trivial level, where losses are far less than one half of 1 percent and fraud is rare.

But in the crisis, liars' loans, we know from the Mortgage Bankers Association themselves, their anti-fraud experts and their report in 2006, that the incidence of fraud in liars' loans was 90 percent, and we know that by 2006 roughly 40 percent of all the loans made that year were liars' loans, and we know that it was overwhelmingly lenders who put the lies in liars' loans, and we know that it was almost exclusively lenders who put the lies in appraisals. So these frauds are overwhelmingly coming from the banks, but are being completely ignored, because the FBI is operating in this bizarre Tea Party world in which the banks are wonderful and honest and it's the small people who are the nasty, terrible folks. And as I said, you'd believe it was an April fools story, especially under a president who is African-American and an attorney general who is African-American buying into the Tea Party story that it's largely minorities who caused this entire crisis. It's the bizarrest thing I've found in 35 years of research.

The whole fucking world is crazytown.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/raped-and-impregnated-14-girl-must-now-share-parental-rights-her-attacker

QuoteA rape victim sued Massachusetts to stop it from subjecting her to "a court-ordered 16-year unwanted relationship with her attacker" by giving him paternity rights over the child born from the rape.

H.T., of Norwood, Mass., sued the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Federal Court.

"The plaintiff, a rape victim in a state criminal matter, became pregnant in 2009 at age 14 as a result of the crime and gave birth to her attacker's child," the lawsuit states.

"The defendant in the state criminal proceeding, age 20 at the time of the impregnation, was convicted of rape in 2011 and was sentenced to 16 years probation. Conditions of probation include an order that he initiate proceedings in family court and comply with that court's orders until the child reaches adulthood. The plaintiff here seeks to enjoin enforcement of so much of the state court's order as violates her federal rights by binding her to an unwanted 16-year legal relationship with her rapist."
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

-

Junkenstein

MOD revealed to have no access to the time:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23814934

QuoteThe Ministry of Defence ran up a £40,000 bill on the speaking clock, despite a ban on staff calling it.

Employees were reportedly banned from dialling 123 to check the time.

They were given a list of websites they could use to get the time free, but calls have continued - costing a total of £40,000 in less than three years.

An MoD spokesman blamed the "inadvertent spending" on a technical fault and said calls to the speaking clock had now stopped.

The final bill for 2012 was £18,804 and £15,162 in 2011, with more than £6,000 already spent this year.

Over the period since the ban was announced, the MoD has made more than 130,000 calls at 30p each.

The fuck. There's a clock slapped on practically every screen or device. When was the last time you ever needed to ring the speaking clock? 1992?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Time to open up the betting formally on HS2:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23823484

QuoteShe added: "I'd really like to knock on the head this talk of costs spiralling out of control. That is simply not true."

Ms Munro went on: "The current budget is £42.6bn for the infrastructure and £7.5bn for the rolling stock.

Started below 30bn, current "worst case" numbers place the end bill at around 80bn.

I'm guessing something like 110 will probably be closer to reality. Probably more given the UK's ability to utterly fail to project costs accurately or come remotely close to meeting them. Add in the huge potential for graft, grift, corruption, land deals, "Regeneration" and I wouldn't be that surprised if it hit 150+.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Just caught this:
http://martinmanley.org/index2.html
Warning - involves suicide. Too tired to look at it now but this seems big at a glance.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

THEY HAVE THESE GAY AIDS MURDER RINGS NOW, BUT THEY PUT LAWS ON THE BOOKS WHERE YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THEM.

Salty

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 12:34:11 AM
Just caught this:
Warning - involves suicide. Too tired to look at it now but this seems big at a glance.

I thought it was intersting, but not so big. He would like to set himself up a legacy based upon It's Okay To Kill Yourself. Which, while I agree, it's also so much none of my business.

But it was nice that he thought it through so as to cause as little harm to others as he felt he could manage.

One thing that struck me is how convinced he was that he was not lonely. Yet he mentions two divorces and talks about the recent financial and social ills of the US as motivators. I dunno, i see the argument that life after 60, for some people, is kind of a slow drag. But dear fuck, I sure as shit hope to still be fairly functional at 60. I have clients that age who are just as happy as clams.

It doesnt seem lile happy people kill themsleves, and i am unconvinced this guy was just right as rain.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on August 28, 2013, 05:44:21 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 28, 2013, 12:34:11 AM
Just caught this:

I thought it was intersting, but not so big. He would like to set himself up a legacy based upon It's Okay To Kill Yourself. Which, while I agree, it's also so much none of my business.

But it was nice that he thought it through so as to cause as little harm to others as he felt he could manage.

One thing that struck me is how convinced he was that he was not lonely. Yet he mentions two divorces and talks about the recent financial and social ills of the US as motivators. I dunno, i see the argument that life after 60, for some people, is kind of a slow drag. But dear fuck, I sure as shit hope to still be fairly functional at 60. I have clients that age who are just as happy as clams.

It doesnt seem lile happy people kill themsleves, and i am unconvinced this guy was just right as rain.

Yeah I doubt he was. There seemed to be a great deal of anxiety in his writing about the onset of dementia, which is pretty telling.

Salty

That and the insomnia. That will fuck your shit up bad, and he mentioned he struggled with it badly.

So, yeah.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

Quick look over some more of it and he appears to be at best a bit misguided on several things. At worst it's the culmination of a lifelong undiagnosed depression.

There appears to be more to it with yahoo related fuckery, will have a dig into this because I think there's more here than one guy's suicide note.