The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 29, 2013, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 29, 2013, 06:56:13 PM
Quote from: Telarus on August 29, 2013, 06:53:48 PM
NYPD Secretly Designated Entire Mosques As Terrorism Organizations
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/nypd-spying-mosques_n_3827567.html

TOTALLY DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING.

Like I said, we're immune to rage, and therefore we just keep being horrible because we can't remember how to be anything else.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 29, 2013, 06:58:43 PM
Yeah.  That was under the NYPD Police Intel/CIA partnership, which I believe had one John Brennan heavily involved.

Good thing the innocent have nothing to fear from US antiterrorism laws.

The innocent have to fear everything.

I sense a new rant is in the works.

Yes, I think so.  I've already said these things, but in the Desk of TGRR, where everything that isn't things exploding gets sort of skipped over.  Not that I blame anyone.  The explody bits are more fun.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Just as I predicted, the DOJ and the Obama administration are completely pussing out on the Colo/Wash pot legalization laws.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/29/20248235-doj-wont-challenge-wash-colo-marijuana-laws?lite
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2013, 01:00:33 AM
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/wife-of-ted-nugent-arrested-at-dallasfort-worth-international-airport.html/

:lulz:

Oh yeah, totally an honest mistake! One that anyone could make, really. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten or never knew that I was carrying a gun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 30, 2013, 01:24:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 30, 2013, 01:00:33 AM
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/wife-of-ted-nugent-arrested-at-dallasfort-worth-international-airport.html/

:lulz:

Oh yeah, totally an honest mistake! One that anyone could make, really. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten or never knew that I was carrying a gun.

QuoteFinn said Nugent had worked late and got up early Thursday for the airport, and either "completely forgot or never knew the weapon was in her bag."

Consider - If she's unsure if she's carrying a weapon in an early AM situation, do you think she'd recall and find it in an emergency situation?

Seems to highlight how useless concealed carry laws are. Or it's just a blatant lie by and idiot.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Having absolutely no idea where your handgun is or even whether you have one is all part of responsible gun ownership and concealed-carry training.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, I don't know where any of my guns are, that is if I have any, of which I am completely uncertain.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was just researching a study on this.

LMNO

Pergamos

Quote from: NEVER FEAR LOVE! on August 29, 2013, 07:43:11 PM
Just as I predicted, the DOJ and the Obama administration are completely pussing out on the Colo/Wash pot legalization laws.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/29/20248235-doj-wont-challenge-wash-colo-marijuana-laws?lite

Don't give up hope.  He said the same thing about medical and then proceeded to bust up more dispensaries than Bush.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

-

Junkenstein

Some HA HA?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23934721

QuoteThe Conservative party is examining ways to raise the national minimum wage, BBC Newsnight has learned.

Raising minimum wage sounds good, right? What options are being considered then?

QuoteOne option being looked at is offering a National Insurance cut for those companies that pay their minimum wage employees more than that level.

Well that sounds a little like a tax break for companies with a number of employees working above minimum wage.

QuoteAnother option being considered is some kind of "profit threshold" above which a company would be compelled to pay a higher minimum wage, though sources say the policy might be optional for companies below that profit level or size.

Hahaha, no. There's got to be at least a dozen ways to scam that. Cue all/any profit taken out in dividends and £1 salaries. Also cue no company making any profit ever again.

QuoteThe most extreme option is simply that the Low Pay Commission, which sets the level of the national minimum wage, would recommend that the national minimum wage should be higher and that there would be no policy to offset this for businesses.

Although the Commission technically sets the rate, government sources believe a statement by the prime minister that he would like to see an increase which reflects the suppression of wages in recent years would be taken on board by them.

But this option is thought not to be palatable within government.

No shit and no chance. Nice way to never get any bribes "donations" bribes ever again. The chance of that being remotely remembered come election time given the rest of the cuts I would think to be quite low. The political motivation to do so becomes moot.

There is, of course, no chance that this is coming out now to distract from other things.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pergamos

QuoteThe Conservative party is examining ways to raise the national minimum wage, BBC Newsnight has learned.

This in itself shows that the UK is not as fucked as the US.  Here the conservatives want to cut or abolish the minimum wage and aren't going to give raising it even lip service.