News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Those at the top will constantly strive for more exploitative conditions, and it takes extraordinary measures from those at the bottom to take back their rights. It will continue to be this way until/unless our societies are able to adopt an egalitarian paradigm in the place of one that is fundamentally designed to operate on the disparity between the lower and upper classes.

Think about it: our system inherently requires not only an income gap, but an ever-widening income gap.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24276957

QuoteThe US agency tasked with stopping illegal tobacco trafficking lost track of 420 million cigarettes purchased in undercover operations, justice department auditors have found.

In addition, agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) made $162m (£100m) selling tobacco undercover, it found.

That money was used to fund undercover operations between 2006-11.

The findings were revealed in an audit of the ATF's use of undercover profits.

In the report released on Wednesday, the justice department Office of the Inspector General (OIG) said it had found "a serious lack of oversight" of "churning investigations".

In those, the ATF uses proceeds from undercover operations to offset expenses incurred in the same operations, rather than depositing the funds in the US treasury.

The ATF received that churning authority in 2004.

Just the latest in US law enforcement bodies using somewhat questionable funding methods.

I wonder how much other shit has disappeared in the churning process. It'd be naive to assume it's just tobacco that was being treated in this manner.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 26, 2013, 09:20:07 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24276957

QuoteThe US agency tasked with stopping illegal tobacco trafficking lost track of 420 million cigarettes purchased in undercover operations, justice department auditors have found.

In addition, agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) made $162m (£100m) selling tobacco undercover, it found.

That money was used to fund undercover operations between 2006-11.

The findings were revealed in an audit of the ATF's use of undercover profits.

In the report released on Wednesday, the justice department Office of the Inspector General (OIG) said it had found "a serious lack of oversight" of "churning investigations".

In those, the ATF uses proceeds from undercover operations to offset expenses incurred in the same operations, rather than depositing the funds in the US treasury.

The ATF received that churning authority in 2004.

Just the latest in US law enforcement bodies using somewhat questionable funding methods.

I wonder how much other shit has disappeared in the churning process. It'd be naive to assume it's just tobacco that was being treated in this manner.

:lol:

I just arrived, ITT, with the same link on my clipboard.

If one of us gets close enough to the other we should grab a beer sometime, Junkenstein.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

Alty, yes.

Cain, latest on the machete terror thing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24297429

QuoteTwo men accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich, south-east London, have pleaded not guilty.

Michael Adebolajo, 28, from Romford, east London, and Michael Adebowale, 22, from Greenwich, south-east London, denied the charges at the Old Bailey.

They are accused of murdering Fusilier Rigby near Woolwich barracks on 22 May.

The men also denied attempting to murder a police officer on that day, as well as planning to murder a police officer on or before that day.

Mr Adebolajo has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court, while Mr Adebowale wants to be called Ismail Ibn Abdullah.

The men appeared via videolink from HMP Belmarsh, with Mr Adebowale sitting in front of a prison sign.

Fusilier Rigby's widow, Rebecca Rigby, was in court for the hearing.

A trial date has been provisionally set for 18 November.

Strange happenings it seems.

First I've heard about the wanting to murder police angle. Not sure how to consider that one, but I bet social media logs will come into this somehow. At this point, I'd guess the original desired target was a police officer and Rigby just happened to be an attractive target in the wrong place. At least, I'm guessing that's the narrative that's going to be presented. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

-

Cain

-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on September 27, 2013, 04:22:48 PM
Krokodil hits Arizona!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/09/flesh-eating-street-drug-from-russia-hits-the-us/

You know, it's probably perfectly safe in its pure form, if the users know how to dose accurately, use clean needles, and take care of themselves properly. It isn't really fair for the physical harm from secondary effects to be attributed to the drug itself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 27, 2013, 04:48:41 PM
Quote from: Telarus on September 27, 2013, 04:22:48 PM
Krokodil hits Arizona!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/09/flesh-eating-street-drug-from-russia-hits-the-us/

You know, it's probably perfectly safe in its pure form, if the users know how to dose accurately, use clean needles, and take care of themselves properly. It isn't really fair for the physical harm from secondary effects to be attributed to the drug itself.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2013, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 27, 2013, 02:06:21 PM
At this point, I'd guess the original desired target was a police officer and Rigby just happened to be an attractive target in the wrong place. At least, I'm guessing that's the narrative that's going to be presented.

To be honest, I've been utterly remiss in following this case.  I mean, sure, it's terrorism, but it's lazy terrorism.  Anyone can knife someone to death and spout inanities.  The Zodiac killer did the whole schtick much better, and didn't get caught (maybe).

I know this is going to sound horrible, but from a professional POV, it's pretty boring.

I can't claim to have followed it very closely, I was kind of assuming it was going to be quite open/shut based on the overwhelming evidence. There might be a bit more going on now, but I can't really fault you for dismissing it. Given the number of other incidents since this of considerably larger scale/impact this was only really unusual due to the nature of the attack and even that seems to be now being diluted with the other police related charges.

Also, if Krokodil has made it to the states, is Sisa far behind?

Junkenstein

Hey Cain, caught this yet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24319274

QuoteThe party of Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says all five of its ministers are resigning from the shaky coalition government.

The development follows weeks of worsening relations between his party and Prime Minister Enrico Letta's centre-left grouping.

Mr Berlusconi had already threatened to withdraw his ministers if he is expelled from the Senate for tax fraud.

The crisis could lead to fresh elections amid economic problems.

Mr Letta flew back from New York on Friday in an attempt to prevent the government from collapsing.

The prime minister said late on Friday that he would quit unless his government won a confidence vote due next week in parliament.

Enrico Letta, 26 September 2013
The Italian prime minister accused Mr Berlusconi of telling a "huge lie"
In a statement, Mr Berlusconi described that ultimatum as "unacceptable".

Toys. Pram. Throwing.

On a semi related note, shit hits fan in Greece, Italy follows shortly after. Good chances for some cross border chicanery here if I'm reading the other threads correctly?

Junkenstein

Senior UK police chief requests sack:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24320717

QuoteClass A drugs should be decriminalised and drug addicts "treated and cared for not criminalised", according to a senior UK police officer.

Writing in the Observer, Chief Constable Mike Barton of Durham Police said prohibition had put billions of pounds into the hands of criminals.

He called for an open debate on the problems caused by drugs.

The Home Office reiterated its stance and said drugs were illegal because they were dangerous.

QuoteMr Barton compared drugs prohibition to the ban on alcohol in the US in the 1920s which fuelled organised crime.

Mr Barton told the Observer: "Have we not learned the lessons of prohibition in history?"

"The Mob's sinister rise to prominence in the US was pretty much funded through its supply of a prohibited drug, alcohol. That's arguably what we are doing in the UK."

QuoteA Home Office spokesman said: "Drugs are illegal because they are dangerous. They destroy lives and blight communities.

"The UK's approach on drugs remains clear, we must help individuals who are dependent by treatment, while ensuring law enforcement protects society by stopping the supply and tackling the organised crime that is associated with the drugs trade."

I assume he's got another job lined up. This is one of the more amusing ways for a cop to hand in their notice though.