PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 25, 2013, 11:04:29 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24651576

QuoteThe world's tallest dog has died at the age of seven at his home in Tucson, Arizona.

Giant George weighed more than 17.5 stone (111kg) and was able to reach a height of 7ft 3in (2.2m) standing on his hind legs.

For some reason, the location does not surprise me.

Nothing is right here.  I can't get out.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 26, 2013, 05:02:53 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 25, 2013, 11:04:29 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/24651576

QuoteThe world's tallest dog has died at the age of seven at his home in Tucson, Arizona.

Giant George weighed more than 17.5 stone (111kg) and was able to reach a height of 7ft 3in (2.2m) standing on his hind legs.

For some reason, the location does not surprise me.

Nothing is right here.  I can't get out.

That's a good age for a dog that size. The larger breeds don't usually make it past 8 to 10 and he was bigger than most. And he had his own queen-sized bed.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on October 31, 2013, 01:03:53 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 31, 2013, 12:55:28 AM
Quote from: Alty on October 31, 2013, 12:46:40 AM
http://m.washingtonpost.com/politics/usda-plan-to-speed-up-poultry-processing-lines-could-increase-risk-of-bird-abuse/2013/10/29/aeeffe1e-3b2e-11e3-b6a9-da62c264f40e_story.html?utm_medium

:lulz: :horrormirth:

Fuck the bird abuse.  It's produced salmonella.  Thank you, Foster Farms.  And thank you, gutless and feeble FDA.

Yeah, I just can't get those red, fat, swollen, blood filled birds out of my brain.

Also, lolregulation.

I'm kinda cold-hearted about that sort of shit.

Unnecessary cruelty is one thing.  Food is another thing.

In this case, though, they have pushed through "ruthless farming techniques" into "psychotic".

Salty

Oh didn't mean that in a heartstring way, just the visceral gut punch.

Yeah, I can't see any good coming out of this. They say, streamline regulation. I say, CRANK UP THE MACHINE, FOLKS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on October 31, 2013, 01:07:23 AM
Oh didn't mean that in a heartstring way, just the visceral gut punch.

Yeah, I can't see any good coming out of this. They say, streamline regulation. I say, CRANK UP THE MACHINE, FOLKS.

There's a solution to this.  MY solution.

Every day, the CEO has to eat random chicken bits from the production stream for his lunch.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24762474

QuoteFormer News of the World editors Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson were having an affair for at least six years from the late 1990s, the phone-hacking trial has heard.

Prosecutor Andrew Edis QC said he was disclosing the affair because it showed how much the pair trusted each other.

"What Mr Coulson knew, Mrs Brooks knew too. What Mrs Brooks knew, Mr Coulson knew too," he said. "That's the point."

Mrs Brooks and Mr Coulson deny charges including conspiracy to phone hack.

Jurors heard their affair, which began around 1998, was discovered by police through a letter saved on a computer belonging to Mrs Brooks.

HA HA HA HA

The further irony is that this level of invasive snooping is happening to all of us, all the fucking time. Just hope you never become interesting enough to talk about.

Anyway, Coulson and Brooks have a long a storied history of being terrible "people" (Common UK rumour is that Brooks is Reptoid) and throwing up any sensationalist shit to get a headline. This couldn't be happening to more deserving people and it'd be nice if the tabloids start to turn on each other. Leveson reforms are imminent so expect claims that publishing this information was an "invasion of privacy" and such soon.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Salty

http://www.businessinsider.com/walking-may-be-worse-for-the-environment-than-driving-2013-11

Check out this heady dose of bullshit.

Those food supply chains are in our best interest. In fact, it reinforces this idea and binds it to the sales of automobiles.

Junkenstein

QuoteIt may be counterintuitive, but walking might be worse for the environment than driving.
That's the conclusion Richard B. Mckenzie, a professor of Economics at the Paul Merage School of Business comes to in his blog post on EconLib.

Because of the way food supply chains work, walking a mile — and consequently expending calories that need to be replaced — might actually be more wasteful and polluting than driving a mile.

He takes the example of a 180 pound man who chooses to walk a mile to work instead of driving. Walking a mile will burn 200 calories more than the 2000 calories he burns just to survive. Producing food worth 200 calories takes up to 3000-4000 calories. So a person that drives a high fuel economy car that burns 40 miles per gallon will be using only a half to two-thirds of the energy than the walker uses in replacing the calories he expended on walks.

The heavier you get, the less efficient walking is, as a heavier person would burn more calories from walking a mile. So walking can be 1.5 to 2 times more polluting than driving a high mileage car.

Emphasis not mine.

QuoteBut don't go out and buy yourself a new Hummer just yet. The less mileage your car has, the better walking looks in comparison. Also, if you're eating a mostly vegetarian diet, your energy consumption and pollution through food is minimized.

Dumbasses. The obvious best solution for the environment and health is for everyone to just get food delivered directly to their door minimising any energy output by you to near zero.

What the fuck is this nonsense?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

Or perhaps a privately owned company providing mass feeding tube infrastructure. Suddenly, work from home programs abound, and no one worries about the environment at all anymore.

Heaven.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on November 07, 2013, 10:27:07 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/walking-may-be-worse-for-the-environment-than-driving-2013-11

Check out this heady dose of bullshit.

Those food supply chains are in our best interest. In fact, it reinforces this idea and binds it to the sales of automobiles.

OH FFS.

:facepalm:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

I thought you'd like that.