News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

There was a thread a while ago in Apple talk about how fucking scary humans are. I wish I could recall which one it was because this is so fitting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24953910

QuoteFour villagers in north-east Kenya have chased down and captured two cheetahs which were killing their goats.

The owner of the goats told the BBC that the cheetahs had been picking off his animals one by one, day by day.

The men waited until the hottest part of the day before launching the chase over a distance of four miles (6.4km).

The cheetahs got so tired they could not run any more. The villagers captured them alive and handed them over to the Kenya Wildlife Service.

Impressive. Most impressive.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 15, 2013, 04:08:16 PM
There was a thread a while ago in Apple talk about how fucking scary humans are. I wish I could recall which one it was because this is so fitting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24953910

QuoteFour villagers in north-east Kenya have chased down and captured two cheetahs which were killing their goats.

The owner of the goats told the BBC that the cheetahs had been picking off his animals one by one, day by day.

The men waited until the hottest part of the day before launching the chase over a distance of four miles (6.4km).

The cheetahs got so tired they could not run any more. The villagers captured them alive and handed them over to the Kenya Wildlife Service.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Oh holy fuck, yes!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

The kids' responses made me feel good about the future.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2013, 11:52:14 PM

Remember the 80s?

It's a better world now.

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 15, 2013, 11:54:11 PM

Remember the 80s?

It's a better world now.

Remember them?

Worst decade of my life.  Pretty great music, though. [/teenager]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2013, 12:17:27 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 15, 2013, 11:54:11 PM

Remember the 80s?

It's a better world now.

Remember them?

Worst decade of my life.  Pretty great music, though. [/teenager]

Yes.  No.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The 80's were pre-Nickelback, I'll give them that.
Stella
developing a belated appreciation of Hey Mickey  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 16, 2013, 06:06:15 AM
Stella

NOPE.

With the exception of The Talking Heads, the entire decade of the 80s can kiss my diseased and festering arse.

Even Elton John sucked in the 80s.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 16, 2013, 06:09:18 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 16, 2013, 06:06:15 AM
Stella

NOPE.

With the exception of The Talking Heads, the entire decade of the 80s can kiss my diseased and festering arse.

Even Elton John sucked in the 80s.

True, dat.

Sometimes I forget the lesser evil is still an evil.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Kids these days are much better than my peers when I was a kid. Even though they have it quite a bit worse in terms of educational and economic prospects.