Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odibex Grallspice

That's a bit sad. *sheds tear*

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 30, 2013, 07:50:39 PM
Line up the facepalms:

A poll released today by the Pew Research Center reveals that acceptance of evolution among Republicans has plummeted in recent years, from 54 percent in 2009 to a jarring 43 percent today. The poll also found that a startling 48 percent of Republicans believe that all living things today have existed in their present form since the start of time.

We really let people like this attempt to run the country?

The wonders of a republic, LMNO!

And high time, I say.  You secular-humanist types have had your way long enough.  It's time we got this sin-ridden Gomorrah back on the straight and narrow.  Oliver Cromwell?  That weak sister namby-pamby milquetoast has NOTHING on the reformation I have in mind.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 07:52:48 PM
Line up the facepalms:

A poll released today by the Pew Research Center reveals that acceptance of evolution among Republicans has plummeted in recent years, from 54 percent in 2009 to a jarring 43 percent today. The poll also found that a startling 48 percent of Republicans believe that all living things today have existed in their present form since the start of time.

And high time, I say.  You secular-humanist types have had your way long enough.  It's time we got this sin-ridden Gomorrah back on the straight and narrow.  Oliver Cromwell?  That weak sister namby-pamby milquetoast has NOTHING on the reformation I have in mind.

I liked it better when they were back in the holler passing snakes around in church.

This is fun http://www.yourmorals.org/index.php

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 30, 2013, 08:01:42 PM
Line up the facepalms:

I liked it better when they were back in the holler passing snakes around in church.

No, in the coming regime, we will have other uses for poisonous snakes.

Mostly involving a pit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 08:03:18 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 30, 2013, 08:01:42 PM
Line up the facepalms:

No, in the coming regime, we will have other uses for poisonous snakes.

Mostly involving a pit.

"HOW'S THAT BILLY JACK LIBRUL SHIT WORKING FOR YOU NOW, COMMIE?"

Telarus

Mmmm, gives me that nice(?) cyberpunk taste in the back of my throat.....

Japan's homeless recruited to clean up Fukushima nuclear disaster zone: special report
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/japan-homeless-recruited-clean-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-zone-special-report-article-1.1561307
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on December 30, 2013, 08:15:44 PM

Japan's homeless recruited to clean up Fukushima nuclear disaster zone: special report
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/japan-homeless-recruited-clean-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-zone-special-report-article-1.1561307

Stalin-y!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 08:20:23 PM

Stalin-y!

Seems the yakuza had infiltrated the layers of sub-contractors, and were paying these guys less-than minimum wage (pocketing the difference, obviously).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Given the Yakuza also own the Japanese government, that wouldn't be too hard.

And it's hardly without precedence in Japanese history.  Typically, lower castes were forced into industries associated with dirtiness. uncleanliness and death.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What the fuck.  :horrormirth:

So, what happens when all these homeless people get sick with leukemia and other cancers?

Never mind, don't answer that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger