News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/31/22122273-guantanamo-bay-detainees-who-were-never-terrorism-suspects-get-new-lives-in-slovakia?lite

QuoteThree Guantanamo Bay detainees have been sent to Slovakia where they are "voluntarily resettling," officials said Tuesday.

Yusef Abbas, 33, Saidullah Khalik, 37, and Hajiakbar Abdul Ghuper, 39, are the final ethnic Uighur Chinese nationals to be transferred out of the facility in Cuba.

The Slovakian government said the men it accepted had "never been suspected nor accused of terrorism," the BBC reported. The country, which is a member of the European Union and NATO, also took in three Guantanamo inmates in 2010.

AND AND AND

QuoteIn Oct. 2008, a federal judge ordered the release of the men, but the decision was stayed  by a federal appeals court after the government intervened. They had been in legal limbo since.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Ah yes, the near mythical East Turkestan Islamic Movement.

Of course, if I were a CIA strategist (and had my sense of conscience surgically removed and had no ability to see more than 10 years into the future and had no concept of blowback), I would also get these guys set free and put in some insignificant part of Europe - and then go back a few years later, and see if they could be used to recruit an external network for Islamist extremists targeting China.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 31, 2013, 05:03:18 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/31/22122273-guantanamo-bay-detainees-who-were-never-terrorism-suspects-get-new-lives-in-slovakia?lite

QuoteThree Guantanamo Bay detainees have been sent to Slovakia where they are "voluntarily resettling," officials said Tuesday.

Yusef Abbas, 33, Saidullah Khalik, 37, and Hajiakbar Abdul Ghuper, 39, are the final ethnic Uighur Chinese nationals to be transferred out of the facility in Cuba.

The Slovakian government said the men it accepted had "never been suspected nor accused of terrorism," the BBC reported. The country, which is a member of the European Union and NATO, also took in three Guantanamo inmates in 2010.

AND AND AND

QuoteIn Oct. 2008, a federal judge ordered the release of the men, but the decision was stayed  by a federal appeals court after the government intervened. They had been in legal limbo since.

great.

AMERICA!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 31, 2013, 06:25:17 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 31, 2013, 05:03:18 PM

AND AND AND

great.

AMERICA!

"We don't suspect them of anything, but they're staying in jail because because."

This shit would gag Cardinal Richelieu.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I started to type something or five different times, but I just don't have anything appropriate to the surreal shittiness of this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2013, 05:15:37 PM

Of course, if I were a CIA strategist (and had my sense of conscience surgically removed and had no ability to see more than 10 years into the future and had no concept of blowback), I would also get these guys set free and put in some insignificant part of Europe - and then go back a few years later, and see if they could be used to recruit an external network for Islamist extremists targeting China.
Methinks that seems rather an overdetermination of requirements :lulz:

Cain

Not in Langley, it's not.

minuspace

Oh my, guess it's time to run those assets through a Vegas convention again :lulz:

Junkenstein

Nick Griffin of BNP "fame" bankrupt
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25590155
Quote"Being bankrupt does NOT prevent me being or standing as an MEP. It does free me from financial worries."

He probably should have consolidated his debt into a single easy monthly repayment. Or maybe that's what he did. Either way old idiot eye continues to amuse.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Random Probability

Quote from: LuciferX on January 01, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

Speaking of which, does anybody else remember the big "jail break" that occurred a suspicious amount of time after the Snowden leak?

minuspace

Quote from: Random Probability on January 03, 2014, 11:52:50 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on January 01, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

Speaking of which, does anybody else remember the big "jail break" that occurred a suspicious amount of time after the Snowden leak?
QuoteMelancholy and depth are concordant...  that memory is the depth of science

Cain

Quote from: Random Probability on January 03, 2014, 11:52:50 PM

I do.  My thoughts were recruitment for a bit of fun in Syria...or the Iranian eastern border.  US allies, notably Jordan (and so probably Saudi Arabia) have access to these facilities.

Just by coincidence, Al-Qaeda in Iraq and al-Sharm is now the most powerful Al-Qaeda faction in the world and a new, previously unheard of but suspiciously cohesive Sunni group is attacking military checkpoints in Iranian Baluchistan.

Junkenstein

Nothing totally suspicious here at all:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25598791

QuoteA world-renowned hacker, who died in San Francisco in July, overdosed on a mix of heroin, cocaine and other drugs, a coroner's report shows.

New Zealand-born Barnaby Jack was found dead in his bed a week before he was scheduled to give a talk at an event.

An autopsy revealed that "acute mixed drug intoxication" led to his death, San Francisco's medical examiner said.

Mr Jack rose to fame after a 2010 demonstration, in which he hacked a cash machine, making it give out money.

The technique was dubbed "Jackpotting".

QuoteMr Jack's death occurred shortly before he was due to demonstrate how heart implants could be hacked at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas.

He had said one technique could kill a man from 30 feet (nine metres) away.

Really hard not to suspect something foul afoot here, particularly given his areas of interest.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."