News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I'd say it's arguably been going on a lot longer than that.

But we haven't learned from our mistakes and continue to shit on other people's kitchen counters like a bunch of reprobates.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2020, 07:07:19 PM
JUST LIKE IN 2010.

Oh yes, this has happened before.

There should be a term for "doing stupid or evil shit because you can't remember how to do anything else."

Also, "You have so much blood on your hands that you can no longer remember what it smells like."
Molon Lube

altered

Irreviolence. Covers both.

It's a dumb punmanteau, but that's what we deserve.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on January 02, 2020, 09:13:02 PM
Irreviolence. Covers both.

It's a dumb punmanteau, but that's what we deserve.

And people wonder why I accepted a job inventing a new potential extinction event.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Annnnd we just knocked off a Shai militia leader.

And the Baghdad airport got hit with rockets.
Molon Lube

Juana

This isn't going to blow up at all, is it?.~
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 03, 2020, 03:26:53 AM
This isn't going to blow up at all, is it?.~

It's going to be a flaming shit show.

Iran is no more capable of letting this go unanswered as we would be.
Molon Lube

Cain

Not just a militia leader, Qassem Soleimani as well.

That's the commander of the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. He essentially coordinates or oversees all of Iran's foreign, covert military and terrorist aid.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 03, 2020, 03:48:07 AM
Not just a militia leader, Qassem Soleimani as well.

That's the commander of the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. He essentially coordinates or oversees all of Iran's foreign, covert military and terrorist aid.

Yeah, as I understand it, he more or less was the head of the Iranian equivalent of SOCOM.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yes. The Quds Force is pretty much exactly that, along with a dash of the CIA's paramilitary units (only with less exploding cigars).

It's bad, in other words. Especially since the Iranian government barely controls the IRGC on a good day.

Juana

Oh boy.

Do y'all reckon 45 started this for the whole "this'll save the election!!" thing I've seen suggested?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

I mean, there were attacks in Iraq against American forces, I don't think that's disputable (though the numbers seem quite high, so I wouldn't be surprised if that had been fudged).

But assassinating Qassem Soleimani? I think he wanted his "we got Bin Laden" moment. I bet it rankled him no end that Obama did that. And now he's got a scalp that's almost as impressive.

Juana

Ah, so it's his infantile need to one up Obama?

Cain

That's my gut feeling, yeah. That it might cause a war with Iran is probably considered a plus though, at least by some people in the administration.

Juana