News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

You have to be shitting me, they're building another aircraft carrier?   :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 07, 2011, 05:37:58 PM
You have to be shitting me, they're building another aircraft carrier?   :argh!:

:lulz:

We have to be ready for Zombie Tojo.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Great, so what happened to the plan to spam little ships that carry missiles that will sink big ships in a single hit?  If I remember right they said they could build a hundred of the things for the cost of another aircraft carrier.

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 07, 2011, 06:20:39 PM
Great, so what happened to the plan to spam little ships that carry missiles that will sink big ships in a single hit?  If I remember right they said they could build a hundred of the things for the cost of another aircraft carrier.

Kickbacks.

Remington

See also: In the event of actual world war, each and every one of the USA's 11 multibillion dollar aircraft carriers will only be useful for the hour or so it takes China to sink them.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/06/chinese-carrier-killer-missile-game-changer-expert-says/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-21

Precision nuclear payload @ Mach 10 > Floating island. And they have a ~2000 km range.
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Remington on February 07, 2011, 06:39:51 PM
See also: In the event of actual world war, each and every one of the USA's 11 multibillion dollar aircraft carriers will only be useful for the hour or so it takes China to sink them.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/06/chinese-carrier-killer-missile-game-changer-expert-says/

Precision nuclear payload @ Mach 10 > Floating island

6400 atomic devices > China's anti-ship missile capability.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

China's anti ship missiles aren't what I'm worried about.  This is 60's Russian tech after all, plenty of nations have had plenty of chanced to buy old soviet gear.

Remington

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2011, 06:41:20 PM

That too. The only conceivable situation I can think of where 11 aircraft carriers would be useful would be a superpower-on-superpower war, and in that case one side or the other would just fire off their ICBMs.
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Remington on February 07, 2011, 06:52:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2011, 06:41:20 PM

That too. The only conceivable situation I can think of where 11 aircraft carriers would be useful would be a superpower-on-superpower war, and in that case one side or the other would just fire off their ICBMs.

If China - or anyone else - wiped out a carrier or three, we'd launch, mostly because the people who make those decisions have a very limited menu of options in their wetware.

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

"stop being surprised when they try fucking you up the ass"

Remington

Is it plugged in?