News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Pie or Cake?

Started by theCalmpsychopath, April 02, 2007, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is better Pie or Cake

Pie
Cake

Kimmy Gibbler

I prefer grass and shrooms on every now and then.  Tried coke once, didn't like it.  Won't touch heroin, although I wouldn't mind giving opium a try, provided it's in smokeable form.
KIMMY GIBBLER:  SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 26, 2007, 10:05:39 AM
LSD is relatively safe.  Its got no addictive chemical properties and its physical effects on those who are not pregnant or taking antidepressants are neglible.  Mentally is another matter, but flashbacks are pretty rare and uncovering a latent psychosis even more so.

The problem is, there's no guarantee that what you're ingesting really is LSD.

Cain

There is you're a psychologist carrying out investigations into its use for psychotherapy.  Or know some.  8)

LMNO

Ok, if you're for real, I am really fucking jealous.

Cain

Not yet.  Technically, under UK law, even medical research of LSD has been banned since the 70s.  But you may have heard of the "research drugs" that were being sold from the USA to UK, legally, due to the fact they were more potent, industrially created versions of LSD.  A challenge is being made in the courts to overturn the ruling on chemicals "from the LSD drug family" to be sold because of therapeutic benefits, and it may succeed.  If it does, I know several students who are officially going to request to work on such a program.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 26, 2007, 02:21:56 PM
Not yet.  Technically, under UK law, even medical research of LSD has been banned since the 70s.  But you may have heard of the "research drugs" that were being sold from the USA to UK, legally, due to the fact they were more potent, industrially created versions of LSD.  A challenge is being made in the courts to overturn the ruling on chemicals "from the LSD drug family" to be sold because of therapeutic benefits, and it may succeed.  If it does, I know a poster at PD.com who is moving to the UK.

LMNO
-I know this goes against the "false slacK" stuff I was spouting a few months ago, but I don't care.

Richter

Quote from: Cain on April 26, 2007, 02:02:20 PM
There is you're a psychologist carrying out investigations into its use for psychotherapy.  Or know some.  8)

In guided therapy LSD can be VERY effective for exploring personal issues (With a doctor who REALLy knows what they are doing).  There were some great studies done in the 1950's about it,  I'll try to dig some up.  Similar things have been tried with E in recent years, but I'm more wary of it as a drug.  (Also problematic getting pure, uncut stuff.)

-R   
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

It worked for Carey Grant, and Leary had some good results before he turned into a guru/nutjob

Cain

Quote from: Richter on April 26, 2007, 04:30:27 PM

In guided therapy LSD can be VERY effective for exploring personal issues (With a doctor who REALLy knows what they are doing).  There were some great studies done in the 1950's about it,  I'll try to dig some up.  Similar things have been tried with E in recent years, but I'm more wary of it as a drug.  (Also problematic getting pure, uncut stuff.)

-R   

That doesn't surprise me.  I would expect with a trained professional that the results could be quite extraordinary.

Richter

Quote from: Cain on April 28, 2007, 03:30:53 PM
Quote from: Richter on April 26, 2007, 04:30:27 PM

-R   

That doesn't surprise me.  I would expect with a trained professional that the results could be quite extraordinary.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/grofhist.htm  (History of LSD, uses and effects in therapy.)
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/lsd03.htm  (Problems with LSD in therapy.  A non - scholarly source, but some decent coutnerpoints.)

A consistant point is always having a therapist or "Spotter" present with the person tripping, which agrees with common knowledge I've run into regarding any hallucinatory drug.  The second article has it's scare tactic points, but also addresses real concerns with the results of various effects. 
There's also a good bit of material on how any such research is being quashed in the U.S.

-R

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Except by the CIA.  I'd bet money thats still running, since it was co-current to MKUltra and thats had its successor operations.

PopeTom

While I voted pie I am curious if big gay Jell-O fits into the discussion anyplace.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

theCalmpsychopath

jell-o never fits into a discussion about pie or cake, ever
the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

Payne

Quote from: theCalmpsychopath on April 29, 2007, 10:43:03 PM
jell-o never fits into a discussion about pie or cake, ever

This is the correct confection-ism.

PopeTom

How about cheesecake then?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!