News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

YUO: HOT SHIT OR NOT! (advice to noobs)

Started by saint aini, April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambassador KAOS

Quote from: Idem on April 08, 2007, 10:16:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2007, 10:10:07 PM
This thread is over.

Sorry, Aini, but you DID encourage him.
Wouldn't this just encourage it more?

nah, that would just be roger attempting to keep a straight face about the whole pledge thing.

As far as being 11, dont remember, prolly was in detention.
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

LMNO

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 08, 2007, 06:21:27 PM
I support you and agree with you here Aini, but the subtext of your message worries me. I have a gag reflex for the "prove yourself to us" vibe. I don't like it when n00bs feel they have to demonstrate how cool they are to be 'accepted' into our folds.

I'm with Cram.  I think the message shouldn't be "prove yourself," it should be "Please, for the love of all that's sacred, stop trying to prove yourself."

It's the people who are trying to be clever; trying to be outlandish; trying to be funny; they do everything they can to "stand out" and prove they are different, just like everybody else; those are the ones who need to just chill out.  The lulz will come.  Don't try to force it.

Ambassador KAOS

Quote from: LMNO on April 09, 2007, 02:12:21 PM
I support you and agree with you here Aini, but the subtext of your message worries me. I have a gag reflex for the "prove yourself to us" vibe. I don't like it when n00bs feel they have to demonstrate how cool they are to be 'accepted' into our folds.

I'm with Cram.  I think the message shouldn't be "prove yourself," it should be "Please, for the love of all that's sacred, stop trying to prove yourself."

It's the people who are trying to be clever; trying to be outlandish; trying to be funny; they do everything they can to "stand out" and prove they are different, just like everybody else; those are the ones who need to just chill out.  The lulz will come.  Don't try to force it.

Best way I've seen this put so far.
Wish I read that post first.
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on April 09, 2007, 02:12:21 PM

2nded, or I guess 3rded.  Honestly, I think historically, at least as long as I've been around, those who don't "fit in" to our society here quickly realize it and move on.  Sure they may make some noise before they do but generally, they weed themselves out (e.g. MOC, Merchantofolbi, etc.)  I think it is inevitable for an awkward stage for a n00b when they first come, at least, those who have the gumption to start posting without a lot of lurking. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

i am stubbornly refusing to admit to myself that i don't belong here.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

BAKAKUN

(\_/) - This is Bunny. Copy him into your
(0.0) - sig to help him on his way to
(> <) - world domination.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

theCalmpsychopath

:lulz:
yoink!
the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

East Coast Hustle

oh christ.

who brought the anime tard?

ECH,
was looking for some new fun
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 09, 2007, 09:11:34 PM
oh christ.

who brought the anime tard?

ECH,
was looking for some new fun

It's just one of the regulars, trying to be edgy by trolling us.

Again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I'm pretty sure if was one of the people who went on the recent otaku spree with us.

Mitok Thendorblurt

Quote from: BAKAKUN on April 09, 2007, 05:43:35 PM
Quote from: saint aini on April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

ANATA WA KAKOII DESU! :D

When did the /b/tarded newgrounder get here?

Also, I know this is a wee bit ironic, but I agree with Aini. I'd say more, but, hell, the only thing I can think of is other forums I've been on to compare it to. Oh well.
The sig will be much prettier soon,
I swear

The Lamanite

Quote from: saint aini on April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

This is me fire breathing at a house party. Yes, that is real fire.  That is not an illusion or photoshop manipulating. Hot shit, you might say?

Yes and no.

I bring you this image because a number of those who shall not be named think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, the hot shit, the uber true Discordian.  (Ich bilde tote ein "uber true Discordian".)

At the house party, yes. They never seen anyone breathe or eat fire live (and live).

At some of the theatre and fetish events I have gone to, I'm not yet on the radar for being considered for being invited to breathe fire because there are those who are far greater than I in this particular skill.  In different areas, I may be the one who is the cream of the crop, but I must remember always there may be one who is greater than I. 

I'm cool with that.  I know my place.  I know my destination.  I know life is a journey.  I have other skills for the shows, the most important being enjoying the show.

My advice to those who shall not be named is as follows:

In your Mister Rogerstm Neighborhood, you may be the best of the best, the most creative, coolest kid on the block.  Here, on this caberet-esque stage, you're just an audience member until you prove otherwise.  Tip those on stage, but don't get on stage until you are ready for this stage.  You don't know where the weak floor boards or trap doors are until you have been here for a while.  The only way you can prove otherwise is by repeatedly demonstrating on small levels that we can trust and enjoy you on larger ones.

Your post count will not help you.  Your connections on other boards will not persuade me to alter my opinion of you on this board.  Only by your deeds are you judged worthy of being accepted into the fold as a friend or worthy of being abused until I am smiling again (and you will enjoy the abuse.)

Yes, we're interested in the Principia Discordia, but not so much as to go "ZOMG 23!" every time we see that damned number. 

To breathe fire you must start with breathing water in the same manner.  It's safer and won't kill you.

In similar manner, play conservatively at first.  Convince us you use both hemispheres of your brain by being coherent about the Chao you see.  No one will be enlightened by you saying "MU" or speaking in duckspeak.  Then show us your true creative potential.  If you are not going to listen to any other piece of advice, at least put some effort into your posts.  Make them at least look like you took time to think, reflect, research or create.

I did not start fire breathing over one night.  It's been about a year since I started learning fire in general.  I have been burned by fire breathing, but not in ways that you might expect.  You see, when the fuel gets on you and stays on you for an extended period, it irritates the skin.  Swallow too much and you get pneumonia or the runs.  I have been lucky that I have not had that which shall not be mention happen.

You will get burned on these forums. It's par for the course. Anything worth doing comes at a cost to someone.