Main Menu

Discordian Music

Started by Cain, April 09, 2007, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

theCalmpsychopath

tism-everyone has had more sex than me

:lulz: thats the best song name ever
the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

Lies

Atari Teenage Riot! Holy smokes I completely forgot that I liked that band, and I had no idea they had anything to do with eris :P

Excellent, thanks for the linkage Cain, much teenage memories to be relieved :D
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Triple Zero

um yeah, what do they have to do with discordianism anyway?

i kinda always thought alec empire was a pretentious prick shouting "we must destroy ze guvernmant! ze revolootion zstarts heer!"

especially when he released a solo album with gameboy music called "nintendo teenage robots" which was awful (though maybe it was a joke)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I think it may just be more their general attitude than anything else.

Triple Zero

hmmm "delete yourself" as a metaphor for the BIP? :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fearless Freep

Oh my. I would have hoped for a much better list.
"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been" -- Gerald Ford

kalthir

The lack of Pere Ubu feels wrong.

East Coast Hustle

Pigface fucking sucks.

adn where the fuck is Mindless Self Indulgence?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

DJRubberducky

Indeed!  I mean, the very name "Mindless Self Indulgence" is occasionally the best descriptor we have for what we're doing. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Discord

Where is the download button?

rygD

There are a few on that list that I would say maybe to, but most either don't have the message or don't have the popularity that would be needed.

I am a bit too lazy to think about it right now, but MSI fits, in my opinion (but isn't listed).  Skinny Puppy does not (although Ogre did  that cover of "Downtown", and has been stuck in my head since watching that episode of Lost that featured it, and so, while not exactly Skinny Puppy, this seems to work).  Throbbing Gristle and such, maybe.  Atari Teenage Riot just sucks.

I feel that the masses must have an interest or at least knowledge of it so that it has a chance of getting to those who aren't looking for that sort of shit.   I am still curious about the idea or intention behind "Coma Black" by Marilyn Manson, more because of the names rather than the song itself, however if it brings attention to Eris...
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Flardladl

A list of Discordian music groups and musicians, and they leave out Wesley Willis.

Surely a bigger, more comprehensive list could be compiled by someone with too much free time.
I fight to one day cause hard to be the new opposite of dark, as light is a tyrannic bastard.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Flardladl on June 02, 2007, 10:19:38 PM
A list of Discordian music groups and musicians, and they leave out Wesley Willis.

:potd:, :mittens:, :banana:, etc.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

cyanidebreathmint

I got a funny feeling they got plastic in the afterlife.