Author Topic: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase  (Read 24938 times)

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase
« Reply #780 on: February 20, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
Glad you and Don are okay/alive!

Came into the office today to learn that our IT department decided to block network access to several of our team's necessary web applications (And Facebook!  :argh!: ). The last time they did this, they did it by blocking access to some applications on only our system-wide proxy, and blocking other applications on the DIRECT connection, which was easily bypassed with a simple modification to our proxy script. But now they've blocked all kinds of shit on BOTH the proxy and DIRECT connection.

If someone had told me that I was gonna have to solve riddles in order to perform my required job functions, I would've joined Nicholas Cage as a Treasure Hunter.

Also, it's shit like this that makes security breaches like those that made our executives have a couple heart attacks last week well-deserved.

I'm so glad the company I'm supporting via contract is interested in my skills. My company obviously doesn't give a shit.
Listen carefully. I don't have much time, and I only have 462 characters left. I'm a scientist from Area 52 (Area 51 was used to draw attention from Area 52, where the aliens were ACTUALLY stored) who was working on neural interfacing with networked devices. In an experiment gone wrong, I accidentally uploaded my mind to the internet. In the 2 seconds I had before my mind scrambled itself with the world's network traffic, I was able to store this snippet in this random internet signature. If you're reading this, let the world know tha

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase
« Reply #781 on: Today at 12:05:48 pm »
Should get my final draft approved for the interesting tech I mentioned a few weeks ago today.  Though it likely won't be published for weeks, as soon as its OK'd, I'll post an abridged version of it here.