News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

So What Now...

Started by Thurnez Isa, April 21, 2007, 04:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

I wrote this for a specific audience... I'm just putting it here for suggestions

So what Now?

So what now? You've grown out of your childish idealism and you've come to realize that all you've been taught or known was complete shit. You've read all you think there is to read, you looked at the darkness and pondered it's mysteries. You know there is something out there, but you don't know what, nor do you know how to get there. Perhaps some teacher, some great instructor, warn from his journeys has given you some clues, but now you have to do it alone,. So where do you go now?
Well there is always security away in your artificial lights.
I suggest you go back to those old lies, those old securities of authority. It's a warm security blanket, fuzzy, and certain, like the sweat touch of another body, or  the picturesque morales of the watered down fairy tales of your childhood.
The darkness impracticable, mysterious, dark and there is no company but that of crazies. A few individuals who, in a last ditch effort for truth has let themselves feel freedom, who have peered into the mirror of darkening clouds and have started a journey to the limits of their souls.
Stay away. Cause what you find in the darkness is never what you expect, and never what the lies of your youth told you to look for.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

I like it.  Want me to grammar and spell-check it so it'll look real smart for public use?

Thurnez Isa

sure.. thanks
my grammer sucks something fierce
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

Taking a few liberties in syntax and style to make it sound 'right'...

So what now? You've grown out of your childish idealism, and you've come to realize that all you've been taught or known is complete shit. You've read all you think there is to read, you looked at the darkness, and pondered it's mysteries. You know there's something out there, but you don't know what, nor do you know how to get there. Perhaps some teacher, some great instructor, worn from his journeys has given you some clues.  But now you have to do it alone, So where do you go now?
Well, there's always security away in your artificial lights?
I suggest you go back to those old securities, those old lies of authority. It's a warm blanket, fuzzy and certain, like the sweaty touch of another body, or  the picturesque morals of the watered down fairy tales of your childhood.
The darkness impracticable, mysterious, dark- and there is no company but that of crazies.  A few individuals who, in a last ditch effort for truth has let themselves feel freedom, who have peered into the mirror of darkening clouds and have started a journey to the limits of their souls.
Stay away. Because what you find in the darkness is never what you expect, and it's never what the lies of your youth told you to look for.

Hope I didn't change too much, but I think it keeps true to the message? :)

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 21, 2007, 04:43:21 PM
I wrote this for a specific audience... I'm just putting it here for suggestions

So what Now?

So what now? You've grown out of your childish idealism and you've come to realize that all you've been taught or known was complete shit. You've read all you think there is to read, you looked at the darkness and pondered it's mysteries. You know there is something out there, but you don't know what, nor do you know how to get there. Perhaps some teacher, some great instructor, warn from his journeys has given you some clues, but now you have to do it alone,. So where do you go now?
Well there is always security away in your artificial lights.
I suggest you go back to those old lies, those old securities of authority. It's a warm security blanket, fuzzy, and certain, like the sweat touch of another body, or  the picturesque morales of the watered down fairy tales of your childhood.
The darkness impracticable, mysterious, dark and there is no company but that of crazies. A few individuals who, in a last ditch effort for truth has let themselves feel freedom, who have peered into the mirror of darkening clouds and have started a journey to the limits of their souls.
Stay away. Cause what you find in the darkness is never what you expect, and never what the lies of your youth told you to look for.

10/10  This would've fit perfectly in the original BIP Pamphlet.  Of course, there would've been some who would bellyache about 'the darkness', but not I. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

BOOP

added to the bip wiki, with felix's edits----- http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=So_What_Now

BEEP BOOP BUZZZZZZ