News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

PORK SHOULDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Suu, August 17, 2007, 06:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind rider

I think food everywhere is pretty full of sugar these days, not just in America. When I was fifteen I was in Belgium for about a week for a rowing competition, the breackfast in the hotel we were staying was continental European, what BMW hated so much, so we got fruit and stuff for breakfast everyday after the first one and just had bread and jam or honey with it, by the time I got back to Ireland after the week, I think it was rice crispies were the only cereal I could eat for ages, the others were just way too sugary.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hate how all prepared foods in the US are now sweetened. It's sick... even canned ravioli. SWEETENED. so repulsive.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Wind rider on December 14, 2007, 01:36:16 PM
I think food everywhere is pretty full of sugar these days, not just in America. When I was fifteen I was in Belgium for about a week for a rowing competition, the breackfast in the hotel we were staying was continental European, what BMW hated so much, so we got fruit and stuff for breakfast everyday after the first one and just had bread and jam or honey with it, by the time I got back to Ireland after the week, I think it was rice crispies were the only cereal I could eat for ages, the others were just way too sugary.

I usually find the Germanic countries and Eastern Europe are more into their savoury than sweet food.  But yeah, I know what you mean about Belgium and their bloody fruit at breakfast obsession.  Orange juice and apple, sure.  But they go totally overboard.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i like fr00tz.
all the breakfast stuff here is like condensed sugar.
nasty.
but nothing beats bacon for breffix.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Jenne

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on December 14, 2007, 04:18:40 PM
I hate how all prepared foods in the US are now sweetened. It's sick... even canned ravioli. SWEETENED. so repulsive.

There's corn (syrup).  In everything. :x  I think natalie dee made a cartoon about it.  CORN LOBBYISTS WIN THE DAY!

Also, I have pork shoulder in the freezer.  Time to THAW THAT FUCKER OUT!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2010, 05:56:49 PM

There's corn (syrup).  In everything. :x  I think natalie dee made a cartoon about it.  CORN LOBBYISTS WIN THE DAY!

speaking of which-- I picked up a container of hummus to snack on at work on my way there last friday and tasted it, it was sweet. looked at the ingredients, hfcs. so disappointed. it was gross and inedible. that shit doesn't belong in hummus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on February 28, 2010, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2010, 05:56:49 PM

speaking of which-- I picked up a container of hummus to snack on at work on my way there last friday and tasted it, it was sweet. looked at the ingredients, hfcs. so disappointed. it was gross and inedible. that shit doesn't belong in hummus.

:vom:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube