News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

The Pineal Gland (LOL)

Started by Cramulus, May 10, 2007, 06:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Yeah, I'm going there.

The Pineal Gland is a little pea-sized thing deep inside your brain. Until the 1960s, nobody really knew what it was for.

Descartes (who was doing his damnedest to connect the mind and the body) called this mysterious gland the "seat of the soul". This is why the Pineal Gland is sometimes compared to a gospel choir singer's butt. Get up off your pineal gland and SING - for grand old Discordja!

The pineal gland is associated with the sixth chakra, Ajna, also known as the third eye. The third eye is open to dreams and imagination, but not the physical world. Some people think that if you wake up your pineal gland, you can learn ~telepathy~. Some people believe that a hemaphrodite deity named Ardhanarishvara (bless you!) lives there. This is supposed to symbolize the unity of subject and object, of self and the world, of this and thou and that. But Discordians know that Ardhanarishvara is actually just a bisexual Eris Discordja. Get nasty with that hottie, Discordja!

The Pineal Gland produces melatonin, a juice which gets you into the circadian rhythm. You activate yourself during the daytime and slow yourself down during the nighttime because the deity that lives there is trying to balance you out. Trying to make personal sense out of these cycles. (That's imposing a grid of order on chaos, ya dig?) Most people have a lopsided pineal gland, which is unfortunate, because it means they're never really in the Now, they're tipped towards some other part of the rhythm. Maybe they're waiting for the good part of the song? But they're missing this part!

But when you get in synch with the rhythm, that seat of the soul rhythm, you're gonna be overcome by the music of ERIS. you're gonna snap your fingers to the gospel of ERIS. You're gonna throw your hands up in the air and PRAISE ERIS. You're gonna yell TESTIFY and HAIL ERIS and ALL HAIL DISCORDJA.

Because the new day is coming - the new wave is coming - the revolution is coming and it's not against anybody.  If anybody, it's against who you were and for who you will be. They've got us conned into thinking that a revolution is a fight, and can you win or lose or chicken out. But it's not a battle, it's a change. And it doesn't end in victory or defeat - if the revolution succeeds, it doesn't end at all.

The revolution isn't against, it's for. It's for you, and it's for me, and it's for all of us all singing gospel and it sounds like a mess because we never practice and we never harmonize. But it's a great mess like John Coltrane would make, like ad lib would make, like improv would make. Like Eris Discordja is snapping her fingers with the rhythm and she says take what you like, leave what you don't. Be who you are, and be who you're not. Take her lead, because you're gonna be Eris and she's gonna be you. And All Hail Eris, 'cause she Hails You Too.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

LMNO

Nice, but you blew it when you brought the physical aspect of pineal into the conversation, and neglected to answer the bag of questions you threw on the table.

Please read or listen to LIBER 812 or consult Mangrove for further elicidity.

Cramulus

sorry, which questions did I put on the table?

and how did I blow it by talking about the physical properties of teh gland? They're part of the discussion too.

EDIT: just read Liber 812 a few times. Similar, but unrelated to this piece.

LMNO

Sorry to be a bitch, but an honest reply has to wait until  tomorow.

Mangrove

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on May 10, 2007, 07:20:37 PM
sorry, which questions did I put on the table?

and how did I blow it by talking about the physical properties of teh gland? They're part of the discussion too.

EDIT: just read Liber 812 a few times. Similar, but unrelated to this piece.

Read it some more. Not because it'll help....just to boost my ego.  :fnord:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

B_M_W

Hmm...dare I challenge the contents or not?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Random Probability

Yeah, I'd hit it.

(oops, wrong thread)

Jasper

Critiquing the OP as a whole, it does get a bit manic toward the middle, which some may find charming, but falls roughly on my aesthetic.

There's some good parts though, like "The revolution isn't against, it's for."  I like that a lot.

I also think the parts that rhymed would be charming in an RL setting.

Ambassador KAOS

I like how this talks of revolution as if the chaos where wheel or cog.  It's something I did for some lyrics I did recently.  I <3 and identify.

I'll trust the hail eris bit was tongue in cheek.

I also agree with LMNO that it would be nice to expand on the physical and measured aspects of the gland to give the article more density (right after the third par.).

I think the questions you throw out here left unanswered however are probably more in the scope of a follow up article rather than part of the focus of this article which seems to be an introduction to what the glad does and what it represents.

Kudos overall though. =)

AKK
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on May 21, 2007, 06:32:58 AM
I'll trust the hail eris bit was tongue in cheek.

Nope. Prof Cram is actually a Baptist IRL. Srsly.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.