News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Dead thread - posted in error

Started by Bogus Magus, June 05, 2007, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Free inside Limitations, of course.

Even if you are the one in control of the Limitations.

Also, usually when talk turns to the way PD "is" and how "the others" act, and especially when dealing with Pompus [acting] Pinealists, I almost always use E-Prime.

If for no other reason, to accurately piss off the people who think we're "doing it wrong."

Cain

On the other hand, a lot of chaos is built upon misperceptions and misunderstandings, so I try to use absolutist language as much as possible, to introduce disorder into a verbal system.

I don't really, but it sounds good and gives me an excuse to be lazy.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on February 15, 2008, 05:42:37 PM
On the other hand, a lot of chaos is built upon misperceptions and misunderstandings, so I try to use absolutist language as much as possible, to introduce disorder into a verbal system.

I don't really, but it sounds good and gives me an excuse to be lazy.

Cain

I'M IN UR LINGUISTIC SYSTEMS, CORRUPTING UR MODALITIES.

hooplala

I use absolutist language all the time - strictly for lulz.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As someone who has never read any RAW whatsoever, I found it amusing that Bogus was spouting what appears to be ex post facto RAW dogma as if it were something we as Discordians should abide by. I don't think he quite has a handle on what Discordianism is, somehow. And the impression I get of RAW from what I've heard from other is that he wouldn't really be in favor of his words being plied as dogma.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I always found my interests running more towards existentialist philisophies myself, which have their own ideas about language, sense of self etc etc

One day I'll re-read Being and Nothingness and maybe even understand them.

LMNO

Catmas, Nigel.

All Discordians Always call them Catmas.  Always.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on February 15, 2008, 06:15:30 PM
As someone who has never read any RAW whatsoever, I found it amusing that Bogus was spouting what appears to be ex post facto RAW dogma as if it were something we as Discordians should abide by. I don't think he quite has a handle on what Discordianism is, somehow. And the impression I get of RAW from what I've heard from other is that he wouldn't really be in favor of his words being plied as dogma.

It's sad but true... at least it seems that way to me.

The main reason I fled the regulars at Maybe Logic a year ago, is because the mourning of Bob was way to close to hero worship for my tastes... probably for Bob's as well.

RAW had some great ideas. I think that he made a lot of memes which espouse ideas that have value. However, he never (in any way that I ever saw) EVER encouraged people to suck them down and regurgitate them as Discordian Truth.

Yet, this was exactly the sort of crap that he had to deal with constantly. The opening of  Prometheus Rising has a great glimpse into his frustration with this. Scientific types calling him a new age spiritualist/quack and the New Agers calling him an atheistic materialist... disciples desperately trying to attach themselves to him and detractors damning him for his 'beliefs'...

The most "Damned, banned, excluded, condemned, forbidden, ostracized, ignored, suppressed, repressed, robbed, brutalized and defamed of all Damned Things is the individual human being" and Bob was an individual human... as were all of the people that became Bobites. :(

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 15, 2008, 06:23:56 PMScientific types calling him a new age spiritualist/quack and the New Agers calling him an atheistic materialist... disciples desperately trying to attach themselves to him and detractors damning him for his 'beliefs'...

That's why I love RAW.  Anyone who can get BOTH sides of the fence mad at them must be doing SOMETHING right.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hoopla on February 15, 2008, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 15, 2008, 06:23:56 PMScientific types calling him a new age spiritualist/quack and the New Agers calling him an atheistic materialist... disciples desperately trying to attach themselves to him and detractors damning him for his 'beliefs'...

That's why I love RAW.  Anyone who can get BOTH sides of the fence mad at them must be doing SOMETHING right.

Well, sure. When you refuse to agree with any Dogma, the dogs start barking ;-)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 15, 2008, 06:18:26 PM
Catmas, Nigel.

:lulz:

Also, "Catmas" sounds like a holiday. One which celebrates either the birth or the death of cats.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on February 15, 2008, 06:44:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 15, 2008, 06:18:26 PM
Catmas, Nigel.

:lulz:

Also, "Catmas" sounds like a holiday. One which celebrates either the birth or the death of cats.

You are hereby excommunicated for 23 seconds due to bad Punning.

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk