News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Dead thread - posted in error

Started by Bogus Magus, June 05, 2007, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That's pretty weak.  If people are going to say stuff about us, they should have the convictions to stand by their statements.  And if they truly want to apologize, they should do so publically.

Disappointing, but to be expected.

Cramulus

reposted for the perhaps third time ITT:

it's like elitism about not being elitist.  :lulz:

Quote from: St. Hemlock Dropwortyou know... i wasnt going to mention names but the principia forums are at the top of my list of places to NOT spend a lot of time at. its all too aggressive and there doesnt seem to be a well thought out reason as to why.

I will totally agree that this forum isn't for everybody.

the REASON this place is so aggressive, however, is because the users of that place prefer it that way. I've always kind of seen it as "adversity breeds strength". It forces you to do at least one of the following:

A) Be careful about what you say --- and be prepared to back up what you do say
B) not take flames, or words like "n00b" or "prison bitch" seriously. (I mean christ, it's only the internet)
C) leave

some people do all three!

but the product of this admittedly confrontational tone has been very positive.

The Black Iron Prison is just one of the numerous creative projects to come from this place. When it comes to creative output, there's something magical about an area where everybody can express themselves freely without worrying about hurting feelings or getting their feelings hurt. If I post a story or something and you guys hate it, you'll tell me why. If you love it, you'll tell me why. That's SO MUCH MORE HELPFUL than a lot of the other people who read my stuff and say little more than "That was good!"

Cain

Its funny you posting that cartoon Cram, because IIRC on the thread in question, they suggested this place is "second circuit" while theirs is "fifth circuit".

LMNO

There is so much wrong with that assertion I don't even know where to begin.

Cain

Ah, here we are, it was two different people:

Quote from: BogusThey seem to like all that territorial 2nd Circuit stuff on that site(initiation ordeals and hazing) but I get bored.

Quote from: b. kaneI think the differnece seems that we went to "Gate 5" , the law of "International Aftermath" or "Aftermath", or Circuit 5. The Neurosomatic Circuit (Zen-Yoga Mind-Body-Connexion)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2010, 07:30:00 PM
Its funny you posting that cartoon Cram, because IIRC on the thread in question, they suggested this place is "second circuit" while theirs is "fifth circuit".

:lulz:

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pompous Old WindbagAnd although the balance has shifted again, we did seem to have a reasonable balance of women around at times. I didn't notice any over there.

That's because Suu, Jenne, SPS, Fred, and all the other women here are actually 40 year old fat guys.

:lulz:

Also, he is still posting shit, as of a few minutes ago.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

I feel confident that when Leary developed the 8-Circuit model he did so with the definite intention of it being used to illustrate the second circuit.

It's funny that they don't realize that comparing their mindsets with our supposed "2nd Circuit" mindset, is itself, a demonstration of 2nd Circuit psychology.  They are defining their intellectual territory, and we sure as hell had better not think we can aspire to that, since all we are are shit-flingers.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 26, 2010, 08:05:05 PM
I feel confident that when Leary developed the 8-Circuit model he did so with the definite intention of it being used to illustrate the second circuit.

It's funny that they don't realize that comparing their mindsets with our supposed "2nd Circuit" mindset, is itself, a demonstration of 2nd Circuit psychology.  They are defining their intellectual territory, and we sure as hell had better not think we can aspire to that, since all we are are shit-flingers.

Hoops, you are a fucking genius, sometimes.

LMNO

Bogus Magus

I didn't say this whole forum and all its users was 2nd Circuit, and it was some other guy who acted all smug and suggested MLA was more 5th Circuit.

I agree that using the model to try to score points seems really stupid.

Myself, I just used it as shorthand at the time, to try to describe the 'feel' of the response I got the first time I came in here. 

I shouldn't have used jargon, just said I got a good kicking and be done with it.

After a while lurking and wandering in here I came across far more interesting stuff, but your archive is so vast. 

And as someone suggested at the time, if it wasn't my kind of place I should just go, no-one would miss me, and if I thought I might fit in, to stick around, lurk and read a bit before trying to join in.

I feel astounded that all this still exists over here, from two years ago.

The MLA forum lost all its past long ago. MLA Admin may have stashed it somewhere, but we can't get to it. It's just about dead in the water.

Anyway - I'm off to read more of yer forum.
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down     "Tubthumpin" – Chumbawamba

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bogus Magus on January 26, 2010, 08:21:29 PM

I feel astounded that all this still exists over here, from two years ago.

Yes, it's amazing how we ignorant colonials (who cannot tolerate English diffidence) have managed to tie our own shoes, let alone keep a board going for 8 years.

LMNO

It's more amazing that we have retained a semblance of memory, in order to develop a frame of reference and context with which to learn from and educate ourselves.

Garsh.  It's like we're almost human or something.

The Good Reverend Roger

He SEEMS concilatory, but somehow a nasty and smug little barb sneaks into every post.

Bogus Magus

I guess that nasty little barb comes from the English accent...
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down     "Tubthumpin" – Chumbawamba