News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Motherhood

Started by LHX, June 24, 2007, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

how in the sweet mother of fuck is being 'successful' working in a company and climbing a corporate ladder more enriching than raising and nurturing a child?

how exactly did women get tricked into persuing 'career goals'?

i am going to answer my own question and say that men shouldnt have disrespected women throughout the years because that seems to be the only root cause i can imagine

-- escape oppression by becoming as/more 'powerful' than the oppressor

but this shit is ridiculous

now there is men who still disrespect women
women who seem to be attempting to grow a johnson

and a whole army of children with approximately 0 foundation

who won?
neat hell

hunter s.durden

:mittens:

And the thought of a stay-at-home dad isn't quite yet accepted.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 05:50:59 PM
how in the sweet mother of fuck is being 'successful' working in a company and climbing a corporate ladder more enriching than raising and nurturing a child?

Maybe some women don't WANT to have kids.

Maybe they have personal drives and opinions that don't fit the June Cleaver image of women that good folks like PaT Robertson keep shoving at us.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hunter s.durden

I think he's refering to the types that get jobs because of the pressure to be a "liberated woman."
Choice is still tops.
This space for rent.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 05:50:59 PM

Maybe some women don't WANT to have kids.

Maybe they have personal drives and opinions that don't fit the June Cleaver image of women that good folks like PaT Robertson keep shoving at us.

i respect a woman not wanting kids
but not wanting kids because they have been duped into pursuing some 'dynamic corporate business achievement' is one of the biggest wrong-turns in the history of this 'civilization'

plus
i dont really see this June Cleaver image being promoted too much these days
but
it could be a regional thing

where im at - its all about power suits and 'success'
neat hell

hunter s.durden

Nannies and nursery schools to all the raising.

Then, some parents wonder why they don't know their kids.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 07:00:55 PM

i respect a woman not wanting kids

Could have fooled me.  Just saying.

Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 07:00:55 PM
but not wanting kids because they have been duped into pursuing some 'dynamic corporate business achievement' is one of the biggest wrong-turns in the history of this 'civilization'

So women don't know what their REAL motivations are?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Chairman Risus

LHX

can somebody who has been tricked into pursuing some illusory goal know what their real motivations are?

i question mine on a daily basis

i would say a self-respecting woman might be in tune with what her motivations are
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: keeper entropic on June 24, 2007, 07:19:07 PM
No

I see.  Well, it's a good thing they have good Christian/Muslim men to tell them what they really want and need.

Break out the burkhas, people!  Daddy has a brand new bag!

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: keeper entropic on June 24, 2007, 07:19:07 PM
No

I see.  Well, it's a good thing they have good Christian/Muslim men to tell them what they really want and need.

Break out the burkhas, people!  Daddy has a brand new bag!

the art of creative writing ITT
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 24, 2007, 07:20:06 PM
can somebody who has been tricked into pursuing some illusory goal know what their real motivations are?

Why is it a given that their goals are illusionary?

i would say a self-respecting woman might be in tune with what her motivations are

Oh, really?  And just what motivations would a self-respecting woman have?

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:22:03 PM

Why is it a given that their goals are illusionary?

its not a given

it depends on what the goals are

fulfillment thru corporate achievement doesnt seem too legit

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2007, 07:22:03 PM

Oh, really?  And just what motivations would a self-respecting woman have?

am i a self-respecting woman?
neat hell

LHX

also:

if i had to make a guess - i would say that it would involve doing more good than bad

and ending suffering on the planet
neat hell

LHX

also:

if i had to make a guess - i would say that it would involve doing more good than bad

and ending suffering on the planet
neat hell