News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

bad idea off the top of my head

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 09, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

we hold a constitutional convention!

write a Discordian constitution.. and produce a final document that would under more perfect circumstances be the legally binding contract between a government and its citizens.

this process could bring new discussions regarding human behaviors, etc. like the BIP. and it could also result in the generation of new propaganda.

format: whatever. words, probably, will be involved. but unlike the tired formats of the 18th century i propose pictures also. finding a way to make a picture legally binding could be fun.

feel free to ignore/insult this idea since it's just something i posted without thinking too much about.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

doesn't all sorts of stuff like--say--the very foundations of discordia point with big flashing neon arrows that such a thing will NEVAR work??

hell i'd be putting in bullshit rules just for the sake of if you (we) (anybody) actually might pull it off

and even maybe more seriously, if we're gonna do this from start, begin by defining the parties, what is a "govenment and its citizens" .. because looking at the current day "government and its citizens" as the basis of such an important undertaking is probably a badwrong idea, and to do it right from the start

Game Rules
1. The player must pretend to take the rules and structure of the game seriously.
2. The player must forget that he or she is only pretending.

This is your copy of the agreement you made when you elected to live in this world. Don't forget to take it seriously.

[from A Handful of Zen by Camden Benares // via the Self Liberators Digest]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Are we going to have a rousing preamble? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

More likely arousing preamble.

The Discordian constitution will be NSFW. :lol:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

The Discordian Constitution

Make it up as you go along.

The End. 

John Cock and Repost
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

I think if we leave the discordianism aspect out of it and treat it as a BIP-influenced "New Magna Carta"-style project, it'd be worth a shot. I think the BIP is an easier sell to most people if you separate it from discordianism a bit in the propaganda. After all, the URL to this site is in any BIP pamphlets, so people that are interested in that aspect of it will probably find their way here eventually anyway.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Discordianism is not a solution for the masses... it might work for individuals, depending on the individual, their reality tunnel and their interest in new ideas.

When MEN are free then Mankind will be free.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

tyrannosaurus vex

you're missing the point.

my intention is not to create a constitution that's ever going to be used or enacted or even obeyed by the people who create it. it's to spur some good debate on the nature of society and how, theoretically, humans might create processes and forces to shape society into something better than it is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: vexati0n on July 09, 2007, 05:51:52 AM
we hold a constitutional convention!

write a Discordian constitution.. and produce a final document that would under more perfect circumstances be the legally binding contract between a government and its citizens.

Great.  I get to write the blowjob amendments.

Now, if anyone else needs me to solve the world's problems, I'll be in the tub.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: vexati0n on July 09, 2007, 11:50:13 PM
you're missing the point.

my intention is not to create a constitution that's ever going to be used or enacted or even obeyed by the people who create it. it's to spur some good debate on the nature of society and how, theoretically, humans might create processes and forces to shape society into something better than it is.

But, why would a Discordian based society be better than what we've got? I don't think most citizens would like it very much.

tyrannosaurus vex

sorry. i said "discordian constitution" and you thought i meant to use the PD like the actual framers of the actual constitution used the Enlightenment. what i meant was it would be written by discordians.

mainly, debated by discordians.

besides: where is the rule that said anything a discordian thinks up has to conform to the laws of Discordia(TM)?

apparently this is, like i said in the OP, a bad idea that's better off ignored.

Forteetu

an amaranthine task

would be funny if you taped it and watched it back on fast forward
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

East Coast Hustle

reminder: one of the original intents of the BIP project was to find a way to sell "discordian" concepts to the masses WITHOUT using explicitly discordian memes.

I think it's a good idea. If nothing else, it'd be fun.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: vexati0n on July 10, 2007, 05:22:21 AM
sorry. i said "discordian constitution" and you thought i meant to use the PD like the actual framers of the actual constitution used the Enlightenment. what i meant was it would be written by discordians.

mainly, debated by discordians.

besides: where is the rule that said anything a discordian thinks up has to conform to the laws of Discordia(TM)?

apparently this is, like i said in the OP, a bad idea that's better off ignored.

Well, I think I was confused by your original post (anything based on Discordianism should probably not be legally binding ;-) ).

So a form of government as debated by Discordians then? That may be fun.