News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

THE PROPITIATION OF ST GULIK

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 07, 2007, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 27, 2007, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on August 27, 2007, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 27, 2007, 07:43:46 PM
I'm not sure if you [Ratatosk] were on the boards when I relayed the story of young teenage girls, and boys, using alcohol by soaking tampons and inserting.  People will get very "inventive" with their chemical ingestion.

:lulz:

WTF? Why not just drink it?

Because the alcohol hits the bloodstream a lot faster.  It's a bloodrich area down there where the sun doesn't shine and there is less tissue to pass through for the alcohol to hit the blood.

Also, if you aren't drinking it, your breath isn't going to smell of alcohol.  So kids can go to school intoxicated without having that tell-tale sign. 

Oh sure, cause it won't be obvious without the smell... the bowlegged walk though might be a clue...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Yeah, that's how the teachers found out about it.  I'm very curious as to what questions they had to ask to find out what was really going on. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 27, 2007, 08:06:21 PM
Yeah, that's how the teachers found out about it.  I'm very curious as to what questions they had to ask to find out what was really going on. 

"Have you been horseback riding?"
"Did you whore yourself out to the football team?"
"Do you cut yourself (on the taint)?"
"Did you stick an alcohol soaked tampon in your coochie?"

I see what you mean... it's a bit of a leap. ;-)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 1Yacatismic1 on August 07, 2007, 06:09:16 PM

The driver takes a sip of coffee*, and intones the mystical phrase, "gooble gobba."

Why didn't yaca's mother get an abortion?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 04:53:30 AM

The driver takes a sip of coffee*, and intones the mystical phrase, "gooble gobba."

Prolly the same reason yours and mine didn't... they had no idea we'd turn into horrific misfits bent on fucking with the pinks and norms.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 05, 2007, 10:03:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2007, 04:53:30 AM

Prolly the same reason yours and mine didn't... they had no idea we'd turn into horrific misfits bent on fucking with the pinks and norms.

Naw.  Because Yaca doesn't do that.  He just acts like a retard.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Fucking Vulture on August 24, 2007, 01:50:25 PM
Quote from: Netaungrot on August 24, 2007, 01:11:29 AM
That's probably true that most cannabis users mix it with other substances, but I've rarely had my pot cut with anything. That's a paranoid scare tactic that doesn't happen often in the real world. And it's not a particularly effective one if your target audience is angsty adolescents. I was fucking stoked to have MOAR dRuGz in my dRuGz when I was still a 16 year old full of self-pity and venom. I didn't give a flying fuck what it was either.

If you're going to make a case against pot, don't use a weak argument and a shitty source. That site ADMITS to speculation and genuinely appears to be ignorant of the historical and global contexts that make many of their claims utterly ridiculous. Gateway bullshit, medically questionable bullshit, "hallucination" bullshit (mild at best), and all sorts of decontextualized OH NOES crap.

And that's what pisses me off.

These anti-drug shits that your source is iconic of need to stop cutting their arguments with lies because a lot of kids will find out half the line being towed is a giant crock of turds. The entire set of arguments get called into question, even the legitimate parts when they do that. It's much more dangerous than just sticking with the unassailable truth. Which is pot is unlikely to hurt you much. But your pot-enhanced stupidity easily could.

To be honest, I just googled and posted what I saw.  I'm on vacation so I don't have my materials handy, but I do know that there is research and studies that at least suggest that pot smoking can affect reaction time.  Even if it's only "possible" that it will have that affect, my point is that even the "possibility" is reason enough to not encourage someone to drive a car after smoking. 

As far as making a case against pot, I fully realize that is a tall order.  In fact, in all seriousness, when it comes to illicit drugs and drug abuse prevention, marijuana is on the bottom of the list.  Because, even within the prevention community there is not agreement on whether or not it should be illegal.  Me personally, I don't give a fuck either way.  I don't use it, and I don't care if others use it.  I would only care if someone who was under the influence ran over my kid and/or wife.  But beyond that, I know that kids are gonna smoke it.  It is easier for them to get than alcohol.  I personally would rather focus on alcohol and the rapid increase in prescription drug abuse.  Those two categories of substances, especially in combination, are a much bigger threat to young people than marijuana.

HAR HAR!

AFK

2007, I hadn't been in that job all that long, and since then I've done a lot more research, plus we've had MMJ come on line and I've seen how that has impacted numbers.  And now the legalization bill.

If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have made that statement. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Fucking Vulture on April 02, 2013, 04:09:14 AM
2007, I hadn't been in that job all that long, and since then I've done a lot more research, plus we've had MMJ come on line and I've seen how that has impacted numbers.  And now the legalization bill.

Well, that's one solution.  But I know a couple of substance abuse counselors here in Tucson, and they agree with your initial statement.

So I'm suggesting that you may have also become a fanatic since the initial post.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"...MAY have also become a fanatic.."?  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 02, 2013, 04:25:12 AM
Quote from: A Fucking Vulture on April 02, 2013, 04:09:14 AM

Well, that's one solution.  But I know a couple of substance abuse counselors here in Tucson, and they agree with your initial statement.

So I'm suggesting that you may have also become a fanatic since the initial post.

Given the change in tone and debate tactics, I am sadly inclined to agree...  :(

AFK

C'mon, just because Net, and Stelz, and TGRR, and Nigel get all wound up and frothy during these debates, I wouldn't call them fanatics.  ;)

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Oh, sorry, I left you out of the list, it was accidental.  ;)

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"