I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

ITT: Call It Now, Be Right Later

Started by Cramulus, August 20, 2007, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

He was drunk when he wrote that.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

On every day that matches a pattern (i.e. 09/09/09, 08/09/10, or 23/05/07) there will be a great uprising of idiots and a multitude of conspiracy theories will flow from their mouths. 

A wailing and gnashing of teeth will be discribed but never actually heard.

Toddlers will run diaperless through the streets.  This will be the sign of the End of Days, the heralding of our new Dark Masters, or a really funny prank.

-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

LMNO

...all of which proves that Pope Gregory was a major spaggot.

Daruko

Quote from: Padre Pataphoros on May 14, 2008, 06:03:02 PM
On every day that matches a pattern (i.e. 09/09/09, 08/09/10, or 23/05/07) there will be a great uprising of idiots and a multitude of conspiracy theories will flow from their mouths. 

A wailing and gnashing of teeth will be discribed but never actually heard.

Toddlers will run diaperless through the streets.  This will be the sign of the End of Days, the heralding of our new Dark Masters, or a really funny prank.
:mittens:

NWC

I'm scared to call anything negative because I would get paranoid and worry over it.

I'm scared to call anything neutral because I would waste my entire life ensuring that it happened just so I could come back to this thread and have no one care.

I'm scared to call anything positive because then it won't happen and I'd have to stop believing in unicorns.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

Quote from: NWC on May 14, 2008, 07:18:23 PM
I'm scared to call anything negative because I would get paranoid and worry over it.

I'm scared to call anything neutral because I would waste my entire life ensuring that it happened just so I could come back to this thread and have no one care.

I'm scared to call anything positive because then it won't happen and I'd have to stop believing in unicorns.

Fear is a disabler, as you are plainly experiencing.  You should stop fearing those things.
-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

NWC

Quote from: Padre Pataphoros on May 14, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Fear is a disabler, as you are plainly experiencing.  You should stop fearing those things.

ok, I call that once you read this post you will realize that it was it was a joke.

I'll never stop believing in unicorns.

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

Quote from: NWC on May 14, 2008, 07:29:32 PM

ok, I call that once you read this post you will realize that it was it was a joke.

Almost a good prediction--I wasn't being serious either.  But I was only a little early, so we'll just call it good.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

NWC

Quote from: NWC on May 14, 2008, 07:29:32 PM

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article4116471.ece

I know the unicorn is old news but I fucking called it.

this thread is awesome

Requia ☣

Quote from: Suu on August 20, 2007, 03:00:56 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on August 20, 2007, 02:55:55 PM
After one of your ex's perhaps?

Or maybe because:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/31/content_9743468.htm

It is almost the exact moment of the pics time-stamp as I type this.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kai

I love hurricane season.

Why the hell haven't I done like I used to, track the misanthropy of the hurricane season for everyone here? Let people know when the big one with massive damage is coming so we can all watch cause we hate humans?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

The father of Sarah Palin's daughter will be revealed to be Ted Stevens.

"That's right, I gave her a series of tubes!"

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I think that started like, 20 years ago.

Also, another republican politician will be caught having an affair within the next 6 months.

Aesop Rock will make another album in about 2 years, it will be fucking amazing.

They will release another Elder Scrolls game within the next 1-2 years, it will be one of the best games ever made.

There will be a resurgence in the popularity of bicycles over the next 5 years.

OLEDs will be "The Next Big Thing".