News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

NICE! thx - we should start fabric shopping this week. Hopefully we can bust out 10 or so mantles before the Feb 10th event.

Suu

Awesome, let me know how it works out.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Looks even better in color!
Also: Your new avatar is the first thign in a year to cause me real sanity damage.  Thanks!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Suu

With the amount of work I had to do for it, I better fetch a high price. I glued my fingers together twice.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I'm fucking insane. That is all.

Suu

Back to sewing!

So in the next MONTH, I have to make:

A Japanese Haori, should be done by the end of the week!

Another Imperial Officer's tunic. Not for me, should be done by first weekend in March or I'm going to be stabbed.

And my very own mock bulletproof vest:

For which components were purchased today. Should be fun!  :x My trip to Florida actually involves my hair being cropped to that style.

I can't believe I got sucked into convention cosplay again...but at least it's with Resident Evil fags and not Narutards.

LMNO

It's still goddamned cosplay.

Suu

True, but unlike most people that do it, I KNOW I'm good and I have confidence in the fact that my costume is going to kick ass. I retired for a fucking reason. (The reason was that I fucking hate 90% of the people who go to anime conventions and would rather capitalize off of them instead.)

Basically this is how it happened. Mr. Suu and I are big RE dorks anyway, and so is one of our good friends Travis, who has a RE4 Leon Kennedy, a RE1 Brad Vickers (lol), And a RE: Apocalypse (2nd shitty movie) Carlos Oliveira costume. And there's supposedly going to be this huge uber OMFG group at Anime Boston that we absolutely positively HAVE to be apart of! LOLOLOLOLOL.

So I was like...okay, I'll be RE3 Jill. I'm older, I have curves, I like guns.

But noooo, every teenage bitchy girl announced that they were Jill, so we have 3 Jills (1,3, and movie) because Rebecca Chambers is "tooooo hard!" and "they don't want to spend the money on her costuuuuume!" Righto slutbags, you just wanna walk around in blue tube tops.

Soooo... I announce that I would do the 18 year old Rebecca, make my own bulletproof vest out of common items, and pwn the n00bs, showing them that it can, in fact, be done. Only a few people have made the costume so far before, because the vest is either $200 if you buy it, or you have to figure it out for yourself. Which I did by staring at the pixelated chest of this girl for an hour and taking notes. Shit, I'm even going to hand-make the patches that go on the back of the vest and her medic bag. The STARS patch I can get on eBay.

Of course now I have to risk having pre-pube fanboys humping my leg, and sitting at my art table in costume, but if it causes a stir, why not?

Oh yeah, and Mr. Suu is either going to be a zombie and attack said bitchy girlies, or Tofu. If you know Tofu, then you're REALLY an RE geek.

Darth Cupcake

I like tofu. The food product, at least.

Also, re: cosplay -- plz to be seeing my new avatar. :lol:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Sir Squid Diddimus

are you going to one of the cons down here?

i think megacon is in march and there's a j-con somewhere in there

Suu

I'm actually down the weekend BEFORE Megacon this year. But I went last year and will probably go again. When Mr. Suu doesn't come with me to FL, I don't bother renting a car, so going to Mega was out of the question this time around.

Oh and I'm banned from Jacon as well as some of the other anime cons down there. Not that I really give a fuck.